2010 Targets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bill Gates

To be race fit by April and turn in some competitive TT performances at 10 miles and 25 miles from June onwards.

Target weight 12 stone 7 lbs.
10 miles 23 minutes
25 miles 59 minutes

montage

God Almighty
Similar aims with my TTs, also want catagory 2 racing.

Not sure about target weight, I weight about 78kg/12.2stone at 6'2.5 so I'm not sure realistically how low I can go. Below 12stone (76kg ish) would sound good I guess.

jimboalee

Bill Gates said:
To be race fit by April and turn in some competitive TT performances at 10 miles and 25 miles from June onwards.

Target weight 12 stone 7 lbs.
10 miles 23 minutes
25 miles 59 minutes

1/3 kWhr.

Brahan

Über Member
Health wise I need to lose about 2 stone.

Speed wise I want a 20 min 10 and a 56 min 25. I have a lot of work to do and little idea on how to go about it correctly. 2010 should be fun.

lukesdad

Brahan said:

Speed wise I want a 20 min 10 and a 56 min 25. I have a lot of work to do and little idea on how to go about it correctly. 2010 should be fun.

Reckon it will be intersting to say the least !:sad:

515mm

The longer South Wales sportives......

Daffodil, Angel, Dragon, Merlin, Devil, Autumn Epic

in preparation for.........

2011 Etape. :sad:

Wish me luck, eh!

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
515mm said:
The longer South Wales sportives......

Daffodil, Angel, Dragon, Merlin, Devil, Autumn Epic

in preparation for.........

2011 Etape. :wahhey:

Wish me luck, eh!

Good Luck I know the Dragon is a tough route but dont know much about the rest.

My 2010 goal is to lose another half stone and take part in a sportive.

I am working on the dragon ride date could you provide me some links to the other Welsh Sportives.

Speed wise I would like to average 18 over my regular 12 mile route which has a few gentle hills and a few junctions I usually have to slow or stop at. (Best this year was 16.)

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Not really set my goals yet. Probably <23:30 for the 10 on the club's course, not sure whether to push it out to <23:00, the sub 23 will be more satisfying. Sod it. Sub 23. It's a challenge.

I'm going to aim at entering, and finishing, all the 'cross events in my local league with the aim of winning the overall vets competition (while I'm still a relatively young vet).

lukesdad

palinurus said:
Not really set my goals yet. Probably <23:30 for the 10 on the club's course, not sure whether to push it out to <23:00, the sub 23 will be more satisfying. Sod it. Sub 23. It's a challenge.

I'm going to aim at entering, and finishing, all the 'cross events in my local league with the aim of winning the overall vets competition (while I'm still a relatively young vet).

Good plan did a similar thing myself in the vets Sams xc series a few years ago.:angry:

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

There's plenty more forumers to post their targets for the year, and then we should all use this thread to update on progress towards our goals. Telling everyone your targets is tough because you've put yourself on the line, but beneficial as making it public gives them more chance of success.

I think you have to be as specific as possible and make it timebound. Congratulations so far to those who've been brave enough to commit.

How do we make this thread a "sticky"?

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

There's plenty more forumers to post their targets for the year, and then we should all use this thread to update on progress towards our goals. Telling everyone your targets is tough because you've put yourself on the line, but beneficial as making it public gives them more chance of success.

I think you have to be as specific as possible and make it timebound. Congratulations so far to those who've been brave enough to commit.

How do we make this thread a "sticky"?

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

Brahan said:

If you have a plan then you can make it work. Take 15 minutes and write down your targets and then write down how you're going to get them. If your targets are realistic then get a schedule of races for the year and work out what you want to do to prepare. E.g. You could use the early races to get fit and then work towards a peak and taper off in June/July for the local fast courses

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

Brahan said:

If you have a plan then you can make it work. Take 15 minutes and write down your targets and then write down how you're going to get them. If your targets are realistic then get a schedule of races for the year and work out what you want to do to prepare. E.g. You could use the early races to get fit and then work towards a peak and taper off in June/July for the local fast courses

Top Bottom