2022 Targets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
After completing my targets for 2021 I thought I'd put some more up for this year

100km a week on the bike. I want to do 150km each week but I'm not sure I'll have the time.
75000 m climbing. Again an increase and a big step up for me.
Weigh less at the end of the year than at the start of the year. Update for weight. Not as good as it could have been, but today it's 115.7kg, 255lb, 18st 3lb. I got down to 112kg between July and Oct from 123kg in Jan, but an accident at the end of Oct put me back a bit.
If it happens. ToC 100 miles completion. Hoping this goes ahead this year.

Nothing too outlandish, but all way more, or less as the case may be, than I could do in 2021.

Edit to add updated weight.

Last edited:

mjd1988

Guru
Still a really big net weight loss @theboxers

I'm going to try and ride more outside when the going is good, potentially do a decent climb IRL and hopefully a sportive. ToC would be a possibility but might end up being in Ireland for handiness.

Zwift wise; keep weight down and try and stay in B cat, done sub 60 minute alpe du zwift which I'm v happy with, maybe I'll try and pb epic Kom

shimceltic

Veteran
I need to do more outside. I find it easy on winter, cold dark nights and nothing to do so do and hour on the turbo. Better weather comes and I don't bother after work.
Also try and drop a few kg. Was 84 ish a few years ago before I started cycling and have been at 78kg for probably a year now. Doubt I'll get lower without stopping beer!

OP
OP
theboxers

theboxers

Well there goes my year.

Having had neck and shoulder issues since being rear ended at the end of Oct 21 it is now official I have problems.

After an increasing amount of pain and restriction in my neck and shoulder and multiple Dr's visits and 3 referrals for various tests I have be diagnosed as having arthritis in my neck and shoulder, as well as bursitis over and around my shoulder. I am on various painkillers from plain paracetamol to 30/500 Co-codamol and Voltarol 2.32%. In an effort to control the pain, sometimes not very successfully.

In addition to this, 2 weeks ago I was diagnosed with an SVT (Superficial Veinous Thrombosis) in my left calf (similar to a DVT) and having an elevated white count so put on antibiotics. So I am now on anticoagulants for another 4 weeks and finished the antibiotics a week ago. The SVT appears to be going away.

Now on Friday I go to take my bed time meds and walk upstairs to get into bed and I can't catch my breathe. I sit there, for 10 minutes or so it turns out, before seeking help from my brother who lives local. He was asleep, early shift, but his wife advised if I was that out of breath to call for an ambulance. A 999 call later and I'm waiting for their arrival trying to get info together, still don't think I did that, too out of it, and the medics arrive.

After several tests, including portable ecg. I have an elevated heart rate, elevated respiration rate, low sat level (mid 80's) and no obvious fever. I'm off to Hospital.

The concern is a possible clot on the lungs from the SVT.

After 14 different blood vial draws, x-ray, CT scan and talking to 4 or 5 doctors I have been informed I have a chest infection and fluid on the lungs.

The infection is not C19 after, being tested twice by different methods. However they don't know what it is.

So I am now sitting in the C19 isolation ward, even though I'm negative. Waiting for a diagnosis and treatment plan.

Bored to fug as I don't have any books to read or spare data to use until my next refresh.

Feeling a lot better, than I was, after many syringes worth of antibiotics, via a canula, a day. Down to 0.5 of O2 via nose tube, with a 93-95 sat level.

I think I can trace this back to mid Jan on one of the last trainer rides I did and just couldn't do anything worth shi7. Only completed 2/3rds of a 26km BigRingVR slightly uphill ride, all green gradients. I just put it down to my shoulder when it may not have been.

TL : DR shi7 year start, got ill, end up in Hospital, bored as fug.

Last edited:

shimceltic

Veteran
Well there goes my year.

Having had neck and shoulder issues since being rear ended at the end of Oct 21 it is now official I have problems.

After an increasing amount of pain and restriction in my neck and shoulder and multiple Dr's visits and 3 referrals for various tests I have be diagnosed as having arthritis in my neck and shoulder, as well as bursitis over and around my shoulder. I am on various painkillers from plain paracetamol to 30/500 Co-codamol and Voltarol 2.32%. In an effort to control the pain, sometimes not very successfully.

In addition to this, 2 weeks ago I was diagnosed with an SVT (Superficial Veinous Thrombosis) in my left calf (similar to a DVT) and having an elevated white count so put on antibiotics. So I am now on anticoagulants for another 4 weeks and finished the antibiotics a week ago. The SVT appears to be going away.

Now on Friday I go to take my bed time meds and walk upstairs to get into bed and I can't catch my breathe. I sit there, for 10 minutes or so it turns out, before seeking help from my brother who lives local. He was asleep, early shift, but his wife advised if I was that out of breath to call for an ambulance. A 999 call later and I'm waiting for their arrival trying to get info together, still don't think I did that, too out of it, and the medics arrive.

After several tests, including portable ecg. I have an elevated heart rate, elevated respiration rate, low sat level (mid 80's) and no obvious fever. I'm off to Hospital.

The concern is a possible clot on the lungs from the SVT.

After 14 different blood vial draws, x-ray, CT scan and talking to 4 or 5 doctors I have been informed I have a chest infection and fluid on the lungs.

The infection is not C19 after, being tested twice by different methods. However they don't know what it is.

So I am now sitting in the C19 isolation ward, even though I'm negative. Waiting for a diagnosis and treatment plan.

Bored to fug as I don't have any books to read or spare data to use until my next refresh.

Feeling a lot better, than I was, after many syringes worth of antibiotics, via a canula, a day. Down to 0.5 of O2 via nose tube, with a 93-95 sat level.

I think I can trace this back to mid Jan on one of the last trainer rides I did and just couldn't do anything worth shi7. Only completed 2/3rds of a 26km BigRingVR slightly uphill ride, all green gradients. I just put it down to my shoulder when it may not have been.

TL:biggrin:R shoot year start, got ill, end up in Hospital, bored as fug.
That's shoot. Can you not top up data?

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Yeah I'm an idiot. Forgot that Virgin carry over unused data :blush:

Turns out I have more than I thought as I hadn't used all of last months data :laugh:

Back onto watching YouTube and podcasts ^_^

ETA

I'm being tested for Legionella and Pneumococcal AG bugs as well now :ohmy:
Take care Boxers, you'll need time to recover from this, then you can come back stronger 👍

shimceltic

Veteran
Yeah I'm an idiot. Forgot that Virgin carry over unused data :blush:

Turns out I have more than I thought as I hadn't used all of last months data :laugh:

Back onto watching YouTube and podcasts ^_^

ETA

I'm being tested for Legionella and Pneumococcal AG bugs as well now :ohmy:
Do you work in legionella environments?

yello

For the first time ever, I may have some targets. Previously, I've just done stuff, as and when. Due to health concerns of late, I'm wanting to find my way back to somewhere near where I was. I'm not sure what my targets will be as yet (depends on a couple of upcoming health checks) but there's a particular ride I have that's spectacular in the autumn. It's around 100km all up and I'd love to be able to do it (again) this year.

OP
OP
theboxers

theboxers

Do you work in legionella environments?
No unemployed at the moment.

Take care Boxers, you'll need time to recover from this, then you can come back stronger 👍

Probably pneumonia they're saying. I have fluid on the left lung and get out of breath when I move too far without O2.

Yeah gonna be a long way back.

:cursing:

Currently sitting here waiting for my care package from my brother, books, computer tablet, power leads, fresh underwear :blush: and what not.

Hoping to leave tomorrow but not not sure now as using O2 again.

:angry:

But I'm in the right place for help.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
To my surprise I got a place on the Fred Whitton for the second year running. Last year I did 9 hours 8 minutes so I guess my target has to be sub 9 hours. I'll need to knock something off at Hardknott and try to gain time elsewhere. I suspect descending faster is my best bet.

Weather is hindering preparation so I'm climbing at every opportunity. Yesterday I averaged 12mph on a solo 50 mile and 4400 feet ride with two hours headwind! I have a local loop which 40 miles and 4700 feet and I get 10.1 avg on that. All on a winter/gravel bike, mudguards, 35mm gravel tyres and sitting on the small ring throughout. I'm hoping to get a fine day and do that loop twice.

If I can manage 80 miles and 8800 feet on the winter/gravel bike I'll feel confident when I get my Cervelo out.

OP
OP
theboxers

theboxers

Thanks @CXRAndy

It may have been coming for some time, now I look back.

My last ride was mid Jan and it was painful. No power, no breath, no HR worth a damn. I put it down to my neck/shoulder issue. But maybe not :unsure:.

No waiting to get better and get back out there.
Yeah I ain't shifting this by coughing. About 1500ml of fluid tinted by blood. Removed from my left lung earlier today

Still fluid in the left lung but can breathe easier now for the time being

Attachments

• IMG-20220314-WA0004.jpeg
    IMG-20220314-WA0004.jpeg
    68.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Top Bottom