2022 Targets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
theboxers

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Holy crap Boxers :ohmy:

Sorry to hear your pretty rough at the moment.
Thanks @CXRAndy.

One continual list of fubar'd. Several tests and scans cancelled due to being unable to breathe laying on my back, because of the fluid build up, now eased.

On top of all that is my shoulder giving me pain from arthritis and bursitis

I can't be sure, but I haven't this many, types or quality of drugs ever, nor for this long?

Even my doc is using the term spaced out :unsure::laugh:, Morphine and codeine will do that to you :unsure:

Still got a few more tests and scans to get done.

Oh and I am now covid positive :cursing:

OP
OP
theboxers

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Well there goes my year.

Having had neck and shoulder issues since being rear ended at the end of Oct 21 it is now official I have problems.

After an increasing amount of pain and restriction in my neck and shoulder and multiple Dr's visits and 3 referrals for various tests I have be diagnosed as having arthritis in my neck and shoulder, as well as bursitis over and around my shoulder. I am on various painkillers from plain paracetamol to 30/500 Co-codamol and Voltarol 2.32%. In an effort to control the pain, sometimes not very successfully.

In addition to this, 2 weeks ago I was diagnosed with an SVT (Superficial Veinous Thrombosis) in my left calf (similar to a DVT) and having an elevated white count so put on antibiotics. So I am now on anticoagulants for another 4 weeks and finished the antibiotics a week ago. The SVT appears to be going away.

Now on Friday I go to take my bed time meds and walk upstairs to get into bed and I can't catch my breathe. I sit there, for 10 minutes or so it turns out, before seeking help from my brother who lives local. He was asleep, early shift, but his wife advised if I was that out of breath to call for an ambulance. A 999 call later and I'm waiting for their arrival trying to get info together, still don't think I did that, too out of it, and the medics arrive.

After several tests, including portable ecg. I have an elevated heart rate, elevated respiration rate, low sat level (mid 80's) and no obvious fever. I'm off to Hospital.

The concern is a possible clot on the lungs from the SVT.

After 14 different blood vial draws, x-ray, CT scan and talking to 4 or 5 doctors I have been informed I have a chest infection and fluid on the lungs.

The infection is not C19 after, being tested twice by different methods. However they don't know what it is.

So I am now sitting in the C19 isolation ward, even though I'm negative. Waiting for a diagnosis and treatment plan.

Bored to fug as I don't have any books to read or spare data to use until my next refresh.

Feeling a lot better, than I was, after many syringes worth of antibiotics, via a canula, a day. Down to 0.5 of O2 via nose tube, with a 93-95 sat level.

I think I can trace this back to mid Jan on one of the last trainer rides I did and just couldn't do anything worth shi7. Only completed 2/3rds of a 26km BigRingVR slightly uphill ride, all green gradients. I just put it down to my shoulder when it may not have been.

TL : DR shi7 year start, got ill, end up in Hospital, bored as fug.

Hi Everyone. I am Graeme, Richard's youngest brother. It is with great sadness that I have to inform you Richard passed away early hours on Friday 25th March. After many tests Richard was diagnosed with a very aggressive and fast acting lung cancer. The cancer has rapidly spread to his liver, spine, shoulder and we believe his brain. And to top it off he also had covid. Richard was laid to rest a couple weeks back.

Richard, me and Gareth our other brother were ment to be doing ToC this year. However, we have deferred our entries to next year and will be attempting the 100 miles in Richard's memory.

We as a family thank you all for the support you showed Richard in his early days in Hospital.

Kind regards

Graeme and the rest of the Thorndale family.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Graeme that’s such sad news I’m so terribly sorry for your loss. I think we met in person a couple of years back in Cambridge when you were there with your brothers for the TOC ride.

I had no idea Richard was so unwell as I’ve not seen this thread before.

TB was one of the first guys I met on this forum, always really friendly and always happy to help me or anyone else with great technical advice, and kept his sense of humour when life dealt him a bad hand from time to time. I only met him that one time in real life, but we’ve shared the same forum for several years so I’ve got to know him quite well in that time, and I’ll really miss not seeing him around here.

May you rest in peace TB my friend

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Hi Everyone. I am Graeme, Richard's youngest brother. It is with great sadness that I have to inform you Richard passed away early hours on Friday 25th March. After many tests Richard was diagnosed with a very aggressive and fast acting lung cancer. The cancer has rapidly spread to his liver, spine, shoulder and we believe his brain. And to top it off he also had covid. Richard was laid to rest a couple weeks back.

Richard, me and Gareth our other brother were ment to be doing ToC this year. However, we have deferred our entries to next year and will be attempting the 100 miles in Richard's memory.

We as a family thank you all for the support you showed Richard in his early days in Hospital.

Kind regards

Hi Graeme, so sorry to hear that TB has passed. Such a lovely guy. Been 'riding' virtually with him since 2015 and he will be missed by his cycling family.

If you set up sponsorship for your ToC next year, please post up on here as I'm sure you'll get a lot of support from Richard's CC team mates.

Take care. Carl x

bridgy

Legendary Member

Kind regards

Hi Graeme - thank you for informing us of this really sad news. My condolences to you and the rest of Richard's family and friends

Kind regards

Please accept my sympathy. As you know he really enjoyed riding with you and your brother.
He will be missed.

Top Bottom