2023 Targets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
I’ve got an addictive personality trait. So tend to be full-on or nothing. In everything I do. So this years goal is to be more consistent. In everything I do.

Strava tells me I’m doing ok a full 3 days in 😎

Last edited:

Venod

Eh up
No cycling targets this year, last year I aimed for 150 mile a week, which I achieved with over 8000 for the year, this year I would like to do more walking/hiking and maybe a bit of running, if the knee's behave, I will still cycle but with no targets and maybe a bit slower.

OP
OP
shimceltic

shimceltic

Veteran
No cycling targets this year, last year I aimed for 150 mile a week, which I achieved with over 8000 for the year, this year I would like to do more walking/hiking and maybe a bit of running, if the knee's behave, I will still cycle but with no targets and maybe a bit slower.

My calf is the issue when running.

CXRAndy

Guru
I’ve got an addictive personality trait. So tend to be full-on or nothing. In everything I do. So this years goal is to be more consistent. I’m everything I do.

Strava tells me I’m doing ok a full 3 days in 😎

I think we all have some form of weakness to certain foods, well most do, I know I have.

Ive started my diet again, more strictly after the Xmas excesses. Hoping to stay a bit more on the straight and narrow. No Alcohol for a month is first target, then go from there.

Sad about Boxer's

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
I think we all have some form of weakness to certain foods, well most do, I know I have.

Ive started my diet again, more strictly after the Xmas excesses. Hoping to stay a bit more on the straight and narrow. No Alcohol for a month is first target, then go from there.

Sad about Boxer's

I never mentioned food. But you got me. And ‘many’ others by the sound of it. Just need to maintain a balance of “in’s and outs”.

Enjoying life too much with increasing years and any sort of sedentary periods and it soon shows…..

Good luck in January !!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
To stay fit and healthy. To complete my 13th year of the Imperial Century a Month Challenge. I have no specific mileage goals but would be happy to turn over 8000. I'll also try to add another Eddington number to my total hopefully reaching 117. I need 6 more 117 miles+ rides to do it.

OP
OP
shimceltic

shimceltic

Veteran

Sad about Boxer's

I'm going for 800calorie keto. I'm not actually overweight but it should keep me off the beer and if I lose some fatty bits the bkool algorithm will see me fly up the hills.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Hoping to qualify for Paris-Brest-Paris again. The original plan was to ride as a Randonneur with the 90-hour target for the 1230km ride. As there's now a clash with Son no. 2's track nationals the following weekend I'll need to ride as an 80-hour Vedette and try to complete in 60 hours or so (I did it in 68 in 2015).

Otherwise I'm hoping to keep track racing and possibly promoted in the leagues in Derby and Manchester, plus Scunthorpe in the summer.

To achieve it there's a bit of weight to lose (doing that) plus fitness/speed to improve (working on that as well).

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Hoping to qualify for Paris-Brest-Paris again. The original plan was to ride as a Randonneur with the 90-hour target for the 1230km ride. As there's now a clash with Son no. 2's track nationals the following weekend I'll need to ride as an 80-hour Vedette and try to complete in 60 hours or so (I did it in 68 in 2015).

Otherwise I'm hoping to keep track racing and possibly promoted in the leagues in Derby and Manchester, plus Scunthorpe in the summer.

To achieve it there's a bit of weight to lose (doing that) plus fitness/speed to improve (working on that as well).

That’s planning. And pushing yourself. Love it….

Best of luck for a Healthy and successful season 👍

CXRAndy

Guru
I'm going for 800calorie keto. I'm not actually overweight but it should keep me off the beer and if I lose some fatty bits the bkool algorithm will see me fly up the hills.

I used Keto a year ago to lose 4 stone (20kg). I also almost daily employ intermittent fasting, so tend not to eat until 2pm having fasted from the evening before. Early evenings are my weak points. now xmas is over and done with, no more obvious distractions until spring. I tend to eat a high fat high protein and lower carbs- keto or probably better 'Low carb high fat' LCHF diet.

I like keto, in that once you've gone through carb flu withdrawls, energy levels remain constant throughout the day. The body fuelling itself from your own fat reserves.

I don't count calories as such, eating high fats is very satiating, so you naturally eat less.

Good look with it.

OP
OP
shimceltic

shimceltic

Veteran
I used Keto a year ago to lose 4 stone (20kg). I also almost daily employ intermittent fasting, so tend not to eat until 2pm having fasted from the evening before. Early evenings are my weak points. now xmas is over and done with, no more obvious distractions until spring. I tend to eat a high fat high protein and lower carbs- keto or probably better 'Low carb high fat' LCHF diet.

I like keto, in that once you've gone through carb flu withdrawls, energy levels remain constant throughout the day. The body fuelling itself from your own fat reserves.

I don't count calories as such, eating high fats is very satiating, so you naturally eat less.

Good look with it.

I'd read something on the carb flu and came across something mentioning it could be an electrolyte imbalance so I will be having a zero carb electrolyte drink in the mornins!

Top Bottom