2023 Targets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
Unless you have something majorly wrong with you, then you have my 'all the best wishes'

CXRAndy

Guru
I'd read something on the carb flu and came across something mentioning it could be an electrolyte imbalance so I will be having a zero carb electrolyte drink in the mornins!

It's only a withdrawal of high carbs intake. Lasts about 5-10 days. Symptoms heachaches, obviously feeling hungry.

I did my transition to fat adaption by delaying breakfast later and later each morning until I didn't need it because it was lunchtime. Then doing the same with lunchtime.

You don't need to go zero carbs and have cold turkey effect. Gradual over a few weeks works best

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
That’s planning. And pushing yourself. Love it….

Best of luck for a Healthy and successful season 👍

Thanks - we have to plan, particularly when it comes to Son no. 2's nationals in Ireland. They're June and late August this year and have to be slotted in between his University of Nottingham studies and BUCS championship events as he races for them. Oh, and my work.

The only other 'big' event I'm hoping to do, should I stay fit and light, is the national hillclimb. Which this year is up The Struggle and is being organised by an old club-mate of mine. That'll require training plus a few earlier events in order to have qualifying results, should they be required. 2.9 miles of climbing, with a gradient of up to 24%, isn't for the faint-hearted. We'll do at least one test-ride before entering but son no. 2 will love doing that as he likes them when they're long and really challenging so the power-riders can't sprint up.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
More holidays, with or without the bike.:okay:

Mburton1993

Über Member
No cycling targets this year, maybe just redo a few favourite rides.

Running wise I want to do more marathons, after reading about that bloke that did a marathon everyday in 2022 I think I should set my aspirations a bit higher than one a year.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
No cycling targets this year, maybe just redo a few favourite rides.

Running wise I want to do more marathons, after reading about that bloke that did a marathon everyday in 2022 I think I should set my aspirations a bit higher than one a year.

I reached my target of one a century 22 years ago. I failed in the 20th century, but I'm hoping to do one in the 22nd.

Top Bottom