2011 Cycling goals?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Sorry all

Meant actually use the Turbo ( it haunts me )
Surely point (4) should be: "Stop being disappointed with how arrogant some fellow cyclists can be"?   :sad:

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Complete 4000 miles commuting
Complete a 500 mile week (Excluding patrol mileage at work)
Take part in a 10m tt and break 27minutes
Take part in at least one sportif
Buy a bike with gears

efreeti

Like lots of other people I want to get a 100 miler under my belt next year. Probably the Manchester 100 in September so plenty of time to get ready.

Would also quite like to get my weight stabilised around 13.5 stone rather than the 14 to 14.5 stone it is at the moment.

Non cycling aims include taking up opera or choral singing again (after a 15 year break!)

Cycling Goals 2011

Get out on my bike more, hopefully spend less time getting stressed at work more time riding.

Get back the fitness I have lost plus shed a few of the pounds that I have gained.

Ride a few Audax in the next 12 months and work up to doing a good long tour/ holiday in 2012

Enjoymy riding and make some new friends on the way.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
1. Complete a 50 miler.

2. Take part in a FNRttC

3. Lose 2st in weight

4. Use my commute to replace the jogging / training as I don't get much time to run.

5. Learn a bit about bike maintenance.

6. Hit 2,000 miles for the year.

Bayerd

Über Member
This is what I posted last year, for this year-

Join a local club and cycle with others rather than solo all the while.

Complete the Manchester to Blackpool.

Maintain my current weight.

Cycle more than this year (shouldn't be too difficult, I only started up again this August).

Well, I haven't joined a club, I completed the Manchester to Blackpool, I've almost maintained my weight (put on about 6 lbs) and cycled more than 2009.

In 2011 I would like to complete a C2C. Whitehaven to Whitby is looking favourite, hope to do it in 2 days.

I think it will be really difficult to ride more miles next year than this as swmbo now works weekends, which means I look after my daughter.

I'm just short of 2600 for the year, but would really like to crack 3000 next year. Problem is, most of my milage is done Mon-Fri and I can't commute as I need the car during the day for work which can really limit riding time.

I'd like to join ColinJ on a forum ride (2nd born is due in May, so I'll get weekends back for a few months after).

Buy a road bike.

Lose the 6 lbs (which will probably be more like 9 lbs come the New Year).

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'd like to join ColinJ on a forum ride (2nd born is due in May, so I'll get weekends back for a few months after).

Buy a road bike.

Lose the 6 lbs (which will probably be more like 9 lbs come the New Year).
You'll be welcome, and if we have to come over to Marsden to drag you out, then that's what we'll do! ;)

I intend to lose a lot more than 9 lbs by then, ideally about 45 lbs in fact! Seeing what our Gaz has done has given me a bit of a kick up the arse (I've put weight on while he has lost over 350 lbs)!

1) First 100 mile

2) First TT (aiming for sub 28 immediately)

3) 100% Commuting (10x2miles - only missed around 4 rides this year!)

4) Do 1 mountain peak on the MTB (probably Snowdon)

5) Ride abroad (Not touring per se, probably Milan/Como area)

6) Attend a FNRttC

7) Have a go in a velodrome

8) Have a go on a Tandem and Recumben

9) Get the wife to ride 10 mile +

Cyclist33

Echo the OP. Moved to Cheshire 6 months ago and have done a handful of off-road jaunts around the local scenery but other than that a 2 mile commute each day.

My NY resolution is to explore as much of the Cheshire countryside as poss. Also to haul my ass to Coed Llandegla as my inlaws live a stone's throw away.

Stu

1) Bearing in mind so many people above have mentioned wanting to do a FNRttC, I guess the first goal is make sure I don't lose anyone off the back on a FNRttC!
2) Do a fast-ish charity ride from Durness to Dover in June.
3) Loose a bit of weight.
4) Do a bit more cycling generally.

Top Bottom