2011 Cycling goals?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
1. Keep my weight below 15 stone
2. Do 5,000 miles
3. Do 10 x 100 miles (managed 8 in 2010 which was so close!!)
4. Take part in all the FNRttC based in the South
5. Not ride back from at least one FNRttC

Think that's it.

Arch

Married to Night Train
You could do the new Way of the Roses, Morecambe to Bridlington.

Yeah, I'd like to do that...

Maybe we should try and arrange a small CC group to do it? I had some friends talking about doing it as a relaxed long weekend...

My goals are:

To equal or beat this year's distance (just under 3,800 miles), but without the advantage of three weeks touring in France.

Really should tackle a 300km

Do more Audax

Get my average speed up. Woefully, I'm slower this year than last.

If I could lose another stone, that would be a bonus. I've plateaued a bit, in fact I think it's crept up again in the last few weeks...

rb58

Enigma
1. 5,000 miles for the year. (4,820 so far this year - scuppered by snow)

2. Do the Dun Run and ride all the way back. (Got as far as Brentwood on the way back this year)

3. Stop buying so much cycling 'stuff' so I can get my dream machine

lanternerouge

Veteran
My goals are:

1) To buy a road bike (I have permission from Mrs. Lanternerouge now I have quit the gym!)
2) To lose weight
3) To join a cycling club somewhere in S Manchester - possibly near Knutsford
4) Probably stupid/unrealistic but one day I want to do the Tourmalet - are there any events which do it? Probably a bit ambitious for a big fat doofer like me and if the answer is the Etape du Tour then I will need a couple of years training at least to get there! You gotta dream....

Wish me luck!

Nice to be back on CC by the way after a long hiatus

lukesdad

Well was hoping to do 3000 miles in 3 weeks in the summer but doesnt look like Im going to get the time off now. So I better revise a new one. :angry:

lowrider73

You could do the new Way of the Roses, Morecambe to Bridlington.
Yes, I was thinking about the Way of the Roses. Probably, what I may do is head to Bridlington via the east coast and do the Way of the Roses, but diverting to Blackpool. I want to cycle the 'Golden Mile', it's always been my dream to cycle along pass Blackpool Tower with a 'Kiss Me Quick Hat on':laugh:

Then, up to Fleetwood, cross ferry and then follow Coddy's route to Bowes and then to Whitby via the W2W route. Well, it's looking good.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I want to ride to Sheffield and back avoiding the Snake and do the Manchester 100 mile in a reasonable time. Generally do more miles in the saddle.

Amheirchion

I aim to generally get on the bike more, and to encourage my fiancée to ride more too.
To take part in a FNRttC.
To ride a metric century.
To ride a century.
Do some short tours (long weekend).

Hopefully as part of the above I'll also get back down to around 13 stone, where I haven't been for years.

Simba

Specialized Allez 24 Rider
My goal is to break my 50 miles for a single trip and to hit 3000 miles for the year. The latter was achievable until my broken collar bone kept me off the saddle.

Ravenbait

Someone's imaginary friend
After my race season came to an abrupt end in May with a ruptured plantar fascia and attendent tendon damage, I don't want to push myself into trying too much too soon by setting concrete goals. However, this year is year five of the Dumb Run and that's definitely in my calendar, so I hope to get fit for that, plus I'd like to think I can get back to running and swimming again so I can use the TT bike I bought just before the injury. The other half and I are also planning on doing a bike tour of Arran and getting more cycle camping in, so I do need to push on with overhauling the transmission on my tourer.

Sam

Top Bottom