2011 Cycling goals?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The 20 minute hill climb will be attempted later this year I reckon. :thumbsup:
I'll pace you to the top, unless we choose to do it on the official hill climb TT in October! :whistle:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
1. I initially set myself the target of 5k miles for the year, that was clearly too easy as I'm up to 6.1k (would have been nearer if not past 6.5 but for time off the bike due to crashes & weather). So I'm thinking 7.5k, if not 8k, as a target for 2011, not least because I'm preparing for....
2. Eight-day LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion, end of May/beginning of June. So über mileage required in the build-up. I'm probably OK for it already, but I'm taking no chances...
3. The TBL's Pedal to Paris 2011. Might just be in shape for that one...
4. More sportives. The Wiggle one that's New Forest-lap of the IOW-and back sounds like fun.
5. As many FNRttCs as possible. Hopefully without crashing this year!
6. Dun Run. Did the route in October, so thinking the 'real thing' might be worth a go.
7. More CC/YACF/BR social rides & 'amazing adventures'.

1. Well, I well and truly smashed that one. Final total according to MCL: 9296.52.
2. Oh dear.....
3. I was hoping to use the LeJOG to boost my fundraising for P2P, but the travesty meant I couldn't do that with a clear conscience. I was also somewhat disenchanted with the whole charity ride thing- between the attitudes of other riders and getting more insults and contempt than money at work, hardly surprising.
4. Both Wiggle New Forest ones & the Wight Ferry one. All great fun.
5. All of them except the Manchester, York and Newhaven-Dieppe-Paris ones. Rather less crashing and falling over, though I did once or twice...
6. Dun. A smidge under nine hours total time.
7. Leicester-London, multiple rides for food...

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
I'd like to:

Get a bike that doesn't weigh a ton, hopefully later this month once I get the green light that my knee is healing
Lose at least a stone
Stop being scared of hills and actually be able to get up them. Pushing my bike up the one in Greenwich Park during the Thames meander the other month was mortifying :sad:
Be able to do the Dun Run and hopefully my first FNRttC
Ride at least 1000 miles this year. It's not worth my while to ride to work rather than take the train but I believe that 1000 is achievable for me even though it's barely anything to a lot of members on here.

Garz

Squat Member
1) To get a tour or C2C under my belt.
2) Supersede this years mileage.
3) Get back to fighting weight (I put on ~16lbs from being injured then ill then the snow grrr)

1. Doh
2. Tick
3. Tick (however need to repeat this slightly as over christmas put on ~10lbs)

Will have to get 1 sorted this time round. Maybe Colin will organise a CC end of year hill climb for 2012 :popcorn:

potsy

Rambler
I'll pace you to the top, unless we choose to do it on the official hill climb TT in October! :whistle:
I don't even know which hill we are talking about anymore there are that many of them ^_^
I imagine it's the one I struggle to get up IN THE CAR!! :sweat:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I don't even know which hill we are talking about anymore there are that many of them ^_^
I imagine it's the one I struggle to get up IN THE CAR!! :sweat:
No, it is this one, just a lonnnnnnnnnnnng drag ...

longest_hill.jpg

david k

Hi
in no particular order

1. lose 2 stone (17-15) in first 5 months
2. keep it off rest of year
3- double last years miles (400 to 800)
4 - beat longest ride (47 plus)
5 - fit into fancy lycra the wife bought me
6 - climb some more mountains (not cycle related but part of my fitness and fun regime)
7 - get a new job or my boss moves on

1st Find out where Cragg Vale is
2nd Ride 6,900 mile before December the 31st in my 69th year (I decided years ago that our age should be calculated from the 1st of January)
3 rd Complete the Haltwhistle Hub by riding to JOG then over to Cape Wrath and back down to Haltwhistle

Ethan

My goals for 2012, In no order:

1. Build my girlfriend a bike. Nothing fancy, probably on an old/retro frame. Something nice and comfy, just to get her on the road with me and have some fun!
2. Actually go on a club ride. Im A member of the Uni club, but cant help but think they'll all be a hell of a lot better than me, which is putting me off.
3. Try a fixie/trackbike
4. Keep safe, incident and crash free.
5. Cycle From Manchester to Llandegfan in a day, roughly 110 miles
6. Ride more and stop lusting over new bikes/bike stuff. Yes my roadie is poo compared to most peoples road bikes, but its mine, and it deserves to be ridden like its a top of the range carbon frame :bicycle:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
More big miles !
More Audax's
More CC forum rides with cake ( if anyone has not been on one then try it,you will not be disapointed ! )
No need for more bikes,just fettle the old ones,they already do what they say on the tin.
Try to ride down to Cornwall again.....but Mrs Skud has other ideas about letting me out on my own again ( she worried all the time i was gone)

jayonabike