2011 Cycling goals?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

1) Finally get to my target weight of 12 stone (currently just under 14)

2) Do a 100 mile ride

3) Compete in a 10 mile TT and get under 30 minutes

4) Do a 200 mile ride

5) Cycle at least 2000 miles in the year

I think it's fair to say that if you do the training required to get to 100 and then 200 miles in a day, you'll be smashing 2000 miles in a year :thumbsup:

Rebel Ian

I was very lucky this year to do a FNRttC and also complete my first 100 miler so mine for 2011 are very simple.....

1. Do LEJoG (start July 2nd for a 12 day ride)

2. Go 50mph on my bike (current top speed 47.3mph coming down the other side of Ditchling on L2B this year)

a_n_t

Want a 21 minute 10TT and a 55 minute 25TT.

Doable on the right course on a good day.

Also a sub hour 25 on my local J2/9, I'll definately have that one!

Rebel Ian

If you do the L2B again, leave their route at Coldean Lane and carry on on Ditchling Road over Hollingbury Hill. You get a better downhill into town on clearer road. There is even a handy roadside device for recording your speed, not that I have ever asked for a copy of the photo you understand.

Thanks for that. May well try that!

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Not too sure what i want to do more of next year.I commute every day,i've done a big ride to Cornwall,got myself a fixed,kids are into cycling but would proberly do more with them now mini-me number four is here now.

Personal challenges might be to do single rides up big passes like Kirkstone and the like.I would like to do LeJog but time is an issue and the "Boss" is still wary of such a ride and not happy about me being out on the road for two weeks.
I know i don't need anymore bikes (yet) so i guess up-grades of worn out parts will be one the cards which again the "Boss" will be happy with :biggrin: And now Evans take Paypal it will be all the more easier as i sell my old car stuff on the E of Bay to pay for my habit !

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
1. Get shoulder fixed

2. Get shoulder fixed enough to get up Jenkins Chapel side of Pyms Chair on a 39 x 24........that's the only hill that's beaten me so far.

3. Get fit after op and do another quick Manchester 100 in Sept 11

4. Bring on 2012.......

JohnnyBoy

- To continue enjoying cycling with friends & family
- stay fit and enjoy the Desert / countryside / places I ride in
- Take my old man to the TDF for the first time
- If I can crack 5,000Km I'll be happy
- Take my bike home and cycle some of the old Dales and Lakes rides I did as a teenager & take in the odd pub too
thumbsup.png

lowrider73

Was going to walk the Coast to Coast, but after this Coast to Coast and now done it 6 times, it's back to cycling I think.

I would like to mountain bike the Coast to Coast, doing some passes. Also would like to do longer Coast to Coast on a double crossing, I like coddy's route across the Pennines, I need to find a route from Teesside to Blackpool. Any ideas :thumbsup:

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Was going to walk the Coast to Coast, but after this Coast to Coast and now done it 6 times, it's back to cycling I think.

I would like to mountain bike the Coast to Coast, doing some passes. Also would like to do longer Coast to Coast on a double crossing, I like coddy's route across the Pennines, I need to find a route from Teesside to Blackpool. Any ideas :thumbsup:

You could do the new Way of the Roses, Morecambe to Bridlington.

Top Bottom