2012 Dartmoor Classic launches

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ron Keegan

The 2012 Dartmoor Classic on-line entry system will go live at midnight this coming Saturday ( 29th Oct 2011).

All previous editions of this popular Mid-Devon Cycling Club event have sold out well in advance of the big day. In 2011 the event was full by January,when capacity was 2600. The event is so popular because it's non commmercial and run by cyclists for cyclists. Entry fee remains unchanged at £27 and, thanks to the support of Specialized again, riders will be well rewarded with products from the companies range. The scores and scores of riders who feed back to us tell us that "The Dartmoor Classic is the best sportive experience in the country." and we in the Mid-Devon totally agree. If you want to ride next summers event, which will be on Sunday 24th June, get your entry in at your earliest possible convenience. Click on www.dartmoorclassic.co.uk now for full details; you'll kick yourself if you don't.

Philip Whiteman

Über Member
The 2012 Dartmoor Classic on-line entry system will go live at midnight this coming Saturday ( 29th Oct 2011).

All previous editions of this popular Mid-Devon Cycling Club event have sold out well in advance of the big day. In 2011 the event was full by January,when capacity was 2600. The event is so popular because it's non commmercial and run by cyclists for cyclists. Entry fee remains unchanged at £27 and, thanks to the support of Specialized again, riders will be well rewarded with products from the companies range. The scores and scores of riders who feed back to us tell us that "The Dartmoor Classic is the best sportive experience in the country." and we in the Mid-Devon totally agree. If you want to ride next summers event, which will be on Sunday 24th June, get your entry in at your earliest possible convenience. Click on www.dartmoorclassic.co.uk now for full details; you'll kick yourself if you don't.

You get my vote!

I have never ridden this event but have always been impressed by the feedback.

OP
OP
R

Ron Keegan

Philip Whiteman's posting response above emboldens the key ingredient in the phenominal success of the Dartmoor Classic, "it's non commercial and run by cyclists for cyclists." Simply stated, this means we are not out to make a quick buck at the expense of our fellow riders, we just want to provide the best possible sportive experience in the country. Our pay-off is the sense of achievement we get and pride in the ability of our club to stage what is now the quality mark for others to aim at. The bonus for us is that the surplus generated by the riders' support for the event is put back into the sport, with donations also being able to be made to local charities and other good causes.

pepecat

Did it this year - the 65 mile route.
It was hot, it was hell, the hills were horrible...
The last 10 miles were pretty much all downhill (which was lovely)
I'd do it again!!!
It was fab!

OP
OP
R

Ron Keegan

You get my vote!

I have never ridden this event but have always been impressed by the feedback.

If the Dartmoor Classic's got your vote, how about your entry for next year's event?

Within the first 48 hours of it opening for entries, over a thousand places had already been filled.

2PedalsTez

Über Member
If the Dartmoor Classic's got your vote, how about your entry for next year's event?

Within the first 48 hours of it opening for entries, over a thousand places had already been filled.

Already booked my place :smile:

OP
OP
R

Ron Keegan

Yes, I'm a memeber of the Mid-Devon C.C. and laughingly described as the Promoter of the Dartmoor Classic and farther of the event.

TheSandwichMonster

Junior Senior
No problems!
I've never been along to MDCC before, but I'm just up the road and was planning on coming along for the first time on Sunday. Will you be about for a chat at some point - I just have a couple of questions!

James

PeteT

No problems!
I've never been along to MDCC before, but I'm just up the road and was planning on coming along for the first time on Sunday. Will you be about for a chat at some point - I just have a couple of questions!

James
Hi James - I've been a member of MDCC since March but have still yet to get to a club run or any other of their socials/events, although I managed to ride the Dartmoor Classic in June, which I'd entered before I joined MDCC. (Brilliant event - I've ridden a few sportives, but if Carlsberg did sportives, they'd do the Classic....Ron has got the best event in the UK there).

I'm pondering whether or not to renew my MDCC membership next year - it's seems a fantastic club, but because of work pressures I don't feel I can contribute enough (or indeed anything) to it at present. Like many other people, my job is at risk & the bosses know this and take advantage to pile the workload ever higher. However, I'm hoping that in a year or two's time things might ease and I can contribute a bit more, then pick up my membership again. Will have to think it through.

OP
OP
R

Ron Keegan

Love the Carsberg analogy PeteT

Please don't pick up your membership of the Mid-Devon C.C. in a year or two's time; continue to contribute just by being a member and wear the jersey with pride. And, don't let the capitalist work lords grind you down.

Cheers
Ron

Top Bottom