2012 Dartmoor Classic launches

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ironman

Regular
spaces filling up. Can't wait as it will be my first sportive......let the training begin!!!!

Same Here!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
R

Ron Keegan

spaces filling up. Can't wait as it will be my first sportive......let the training begin!!!!

Yep, spaces are filling up - and fast!!!. Over half the event's capacity was reached within the first week of it opening for entries.

deanarello

Regular
Yep, spaces are filling up - and fast!!!. Over half the event's capacity was reached within the first week of it opening for entries.

Road it last year just brill event everything about it spot on.booked on last sunday 30th oct,this time bringing a load of fellow PONTYPOOL RCC members with me, fellow taffys forget the dragon ride and ride this one, if you think wales has got hills come and test your climbing on this little baby,10 months and counting

OP
OP
R

Ron Keegan

Just gone and booked to do it,,, my first sportive too :biggrin:

Good one Waggoner, you've chosen a great event to make your sportive debute and we'll give you a "Classic" welcome in June.

Currently, there are nearly 1800 riders signed up and over a 100 additional names are being added to the list every day.

At that rate the 'No Vacancies' sign will be posted before Christmas - another event record!!!

On behalf of the Mid-Devon Cycling Club, a big thanks gals and guys for your fantastic support and faith in our ability to deliver "The best sportive experience in the U.K." (your words not ours)

OP
OP
R

Ron Keegan

Over two thousand have now signed up for next year's Dartmoor Classic, including a few entrants representing Belgium, Czech Republic,Ecuador,Egypt, France, Ireland, Netherlands,Switzerland, Uraguay and Uzbekistan !!!

At the 'Depart Village's' traditional venue in Kingsteignton, car parking is always going to be a limiting factor on entries, which were this year capped at 2600. Unless we can negotiate for more space ahead of next June, it's unlikely we'll be able to exceed that number so, the earlier we get commitments to ride the better chance we have of sorting out some additional areas.

Cheers and a big thanks to all those who've already entered early.

2PedalsTez

Über Member
Over two thousand have now signed up for next year's Dartmoor Classic, including a few entrants representing Belgium, Czech Republic,Ecuador,Egypt, France, Ireland, Netherlands,Switzerland, Uraguay and Uzbekistan !!!

At the 'Depart Village's' traditional venue in Kingsteignton, car parking is always going to be a limiting factor on entries, which were this year capped at 2600. Unless we can negotiate for more space ahead of next June, it's unlikely we'll be able to exceed that number so, the earlier we get commitments to ride the better chance we have of sorting out some additional areas.

Cheers and a big thanks to all those who've already entered early.

Ron, there is every chance this could just be me, however...
On the assumption that you have riders parking their cars in various sites (as previous years), is it worth giving each car park site a number and some signage to find them again at the end of the day? The last two years has left me riding up and down a road trying to recall exactly where I parked!

OP
OP
R

Ron Keegan

Thanks 2PedalsTez that's a good suggestion and one I'll take forward to the next monthly planning meeting. It's this sort of feedback which helps us tailor the event to your needs and, if it can be done then it will be.

Cheers

Falwheeler

Already entered, entered last year but couldn't take part as I went cycle touring in France. Ridden many Audax events but this will be my first sportive, looking forward to the whole experience :bicycle:

OP
OP
R

Ron Keegan

Thanks for your entry Falwheeler.

Another 500 have entered since my posting a week ago.

The total is now just about to hit the 2300 mark, so we're rapidly approaching the event's capacity.

Again, thanks for all your fantastic support.

Cheers
Ron

Paul_L

Über Member
Will be entering this later today. It's a long way from home but i grew up in North Cornwall and this seems a good opportunity to visit family without completely wasting the weekend!

OP
OP
R

Ron Keegan

Hi Paul

Even if you hadn't got family in this neck of the woods, I promise your trip to the Westcountry will not be a wasted weekend - if you're riding the Dartmoor Classic.

Glover Fan

I know the route is still being decided, but what blockbuster hills are you thinking of including? I had a look at the routes on the website and was surprised to see that some of the notorious climbs, eg dartmeet, Widecombe and Ponsworthy were not visited. In fact I remember seeing the profile and thinking a lot of riding is on top of the moors.

Top Bottom