2012 Dartmoor Classic launches

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What Tyres were you using?

TheSandwichMonster

Junior Senior
For my sins, I'd left the Ultremo ZX's on... I'm about to start a new thread elsewhere regarding tyre choices, because using my race tyres wasn't ideal.

In all fairness, I think most of the issues after the first two punctures can be attributed to me, rather than the tyres though. My old CO2 pump broke on the second puncture, so I was stuck using a mini pump (which is OK, but never going to give me 110psi). After the second, I had the tyre completely off, checked the inside and outside of that, plus the rims, plus all of the spokes and there was nothing at all causing the flats.

However, after the first two, I was stuck with patching the tubes that had already punctured, which is never ideal at the best of time, as there's no real time for the glue to go off properly. Managed maybe 5 miles before I could hear the air escaping. By the time I bought the new tubes from the service car, I was so knackered that I just don't think I was putting sufficient air back in, so my last flat was a snakebite from an under-inflated tube. Fortunately I was nearly back at Princetown by that point, so I swapped to the last of my newly-bought tubes and managed to limp in to where there was a trackpump. I was fine after that.

deanarello

Regular
The 2012 Dartmoor Classic on-line entry system will go live at midnight this coming Saturday ( 29th Oct 2011).

All previous editions of this popular Mid-Devon Cycling Club event have sold out well in advance of the big day. In 2011 the event was full by January,when capacity was 2600. The event is so popular because it's non commmercial and run by cyclists for cyclists. Entry fee remains unchanged at £27 and, thanks to the support of Specialized again, riders will be well rewarded with products from the companies range. The scores and scores of riders who feed back to us tell us that "The Dartmoor Classic is the best sportive experience in the country." and we in the Mid-Devon totally agree. If you want to ride next summers event, which will be on Sunday 24th June, get your entry in at your earliest possible convenience. Click on www.dartmoorclassic.co.uk now for full details; you'll kick yourself if you don't.
just a BIG THANK YOU to yourself and everyone involved in organizing what must be the best sportive by far,second year for myself to enter and loved every minute even the headwind up to princetown,thanks for the chat afterwards i was the guy in the pontypool rcc kit.All the other lads from the club had a great day, the talk at todays club ride was about making the dartmoor classic an annual club event so look foward to seeing you all next year all the best to you all from Deano and everyone at PONTYPOOL RCC

OP
OP
R

Ron Keegan

No, a BIG THANK YOU to you Deano and everyone who entered the Dartmoor Classic; without the massive numerical support of you, the riders, the Mid-Devon C.C. wouldn't be able to stage the event at the high level of organisation it has now reached. In association with Specialized and the support of a host of partners, led by SiS, Fyffes and Toyota, we truly believe this is "The U.K's. best sportive experience." Hope to see you back next year Deano; we've already started planning !!!

Cheers
Ron

Top Bottom