Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm planning to do my first century ride this year, no route planned but the idea is planted.
Will probably do the Cat & Fiddle Challenge again, only 55 miles, but my goodness they a tough 55.
I expected hills when I did it last year, but just not so freakin' many, so often or so steep!
Should be considerably fitter for it this year, plus it'll just be two of us as opposed to 'assisting' a couple of 50+ mile virgins like we had to last year, (who have both vowed they will NEVER do that ride again:laugh:)

Edwards80

Über Member
My big ride will be my first non commute/"just getting somewhere" ride I guess! Either a 26mile ish route I had planned out for myself or the Mcr Wheelers intro this Sunday which is about 40 miles.

Andy500

I'm booked for a number of rides, managed to get into the Fred Whitton also doing the Etape Cymru (again), Wiggle Dragon Ride, Dartmoor Classic, Cat and Fiddle (again), Rutland Cicle, Great Notts, Wiggle Cheshire Cat, 100 miles from home to Wells next the Sea and a Coast to Coast in August. Wanted to also do the London Paris but didn't get a place and also the Belvoir ride but its on the same day as the Fred Whitton.

1000 mile solo tour through the Alps and into the Pyranees, 26000m gain over 3 weeks. Knackered just thinking about it:surrender:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Hopefully midland monster and getting into the fast group with my cycle club .........

Willo

Would like to do a Sportive or similar to see if I like the idea (usually cycle alone early at a weekend, so will be different). Have earmarked an 80k one in my hometown in June, if I don't find anything fairly local sooner (I'm in Kent). By the end of the year would like to do a 100 miler - got up to 70+ miles last autumn so time permitting reckon that's possible whether I do it solo or as part of a Sportive/Audax. Problem is time for me - typically squeezing in 20-30 miles early morning at the weekends.

for me it'l (hopefully) be cycle down to Plymouth and get the overnight ferry across to St Malo, have 4 days cycling and camping in France and then back to St Malo - Plymouth and home

Simon

Top Bottom