England : Cheshire 2013 Cheshire Cat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ron-da-Valli

It's a bleedin' miracle!
This always coincides with the Chirk 200 audax. I always pass 100's of cyclists going in the opposite direction, some on MY SIDE of the road:eek:, so I'll keep an eye out for you all!!^_^

okeydokey79

well im also signed up to the 100miler now^_^ just hope my 3 friends(wont be after) dont hate me to much for talking them into doin it when its done!!!:laugh: they all ride road bikes but a couple havnt done any big rides up till i suggested this as a challenge!! so the miles start now for them!!! also a challenge for me as the biggest ive done is 64.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
This event is creeping up faster than I will be going up Mow Cop.

Please santa... Can I have some nice training weather please. I know Im late asking, but I have been ever-so good!

ArfArf

Regular
Have signed up for the 62 miler, and this will be my first ever sportive so really looking forward to it.

Only took up cycling last spring but had a long term niggling leg injury and then a premature baby to look after so only just getting back into the swing of things! Got a Turbo Trainer at Christmas so been hammering it 3-4 times a week in preparation.

billy1561

BB wrecker
Not applied yet. Waiting for pay day.

lanternerouge

Veteran
216. It's getting close now!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1362275907.325652.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1362275907.325652.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 39

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
OK, I know this isnt in the spirit of things but hear me out...

I have signed up for the mid distance with mow cop in it. Thing is after a trip to mow cop and failing miserably, and just about doing stile cop in Cannock today I seriously doubt I will be able to get up mow cop on the day, I dont even think I will get to the steep bit. Oh, and that was on a tripple with a 30 tooth at the back.

I have been thinking of going to the 30 miler, but I can handle that. I really want to do the 60 but without mow cop. I know my time will be invalid in comparisson to those that do go up.

So, does anyone know of a mow-cop wuss out route?

Steve H

Large Member
I've done the Cheshire Cat for a few years now. Don't worry about stopping and taking a break or pushing some or all of the climb. There will be a lot of people on the route going up the hill. Some will be resting, some will be pushing, some will be riding slowly and wobbling about, and some will be riding up there fairly quickly.

Everybody's focus will be on their own efforts. Nobody will be thinking about those who choose to walk or rest. Don't be embarrassed. Don't be self conscious. Just get yourself to the top and know that the rest of the middle distance route is flat or downhill from the top of Mow Cop.

I walked the first year, got a lot of miles in training last year and managed to get up it. I've not done as many miles training this year, so I don't think I'll be able to get up this year, but I'm still going to give it a try. But if I have to walk, then I have to walk.

Top Bottom