England : Cheshire 2013 Cheshire Cat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Can the Op add a list of who's there/not, with colour/zone and number? (@Smokeysmoo)

That way we might be OK identifying people. I'll possibly be in the pink zone with someone else I know outside of CC.

Tried it recently and failed.
I will be focussing on the objective.....finishing the course and enjoying the day. I am not going to let Mow Cop put me off the rest of the course. I have been preparing by riding the general area including parts of the course in recent weeks. I can routinley do 70-80 miles without killing myself so am confident that barring injusy/illness I wiill complete the route.
Box the chimp! Mow Copw will be there another day.
Concerntrate on what you want to get from the day and enjoy the event.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I'm in the Green zone for the 100 miles; my mates are all in Black :sad:

Is there anyone with a black start-time that would like to swap?
(Last year black started at 08:30 Green at 09:00 - so probably similar this year).

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Is anyone able to describe the hill in detail? I have seen a few youtube videos but they don't make it entirely clear how steep the steep part is? Is the finish of the hill at the end of that steep ramp? I ask because I am going to be getting competitive up it.... need to know when to really kick - don't want to blow on the steep bit to find there is still a considerable length of climb to go.

Also what are the gold/silver/bronze standards for the 100 miler?

Ta

http://app.strava.com/segments/635194

You are a strong rider so you will have no problems and will probably get the "gold" standard by default unless some wobbler takes you out. The finish is at the top of the steep section before you turn off to the left.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Cheers, so hit the steep ramp and sprint for it. Not sure about strong but been trying to get there!

As a competent racer (assumed, but since you are a cat 3 and can TT pretty well too, fair assumption), compared to the average sportive rider (who the "standards" will have been designed around) you are probably very strong. The biggest obstacle in any climb in a sportive is dodging the slower riders (or those who fall off or have to walk it and don't have the courtesy or presence of mind to get out of the road), some of whom will come to an almost dead stop as soon as the road points upwards slightly, so just leave yourself room to manoeuvre around them.

zombiemiked

Am doing the 100 mile Cat this year. Am running a 53/39 with a 12/32.

andy nulty

Regular
Does anybody use race belts instead of pinning their numbers to their jerseys or is that more of a tri thing? Just thought to save putting holes in my jersey...

andy nulty

Regular
Does anybody use race belts instead of pinning their numbers to their jerseys or is that more of a tri thing? Just thought to save putting holes in my jersey...

Upstream

I'll be doing the ride with my brother in law but I have blue zone and be has black. If we stick with this we'll be starting an hour apart. I wonder if there's any way of changing this.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I'll be doing the ride with my brother in law but I have blue zone and be has black. If we stick with this we'll be starting an hour apart. I wonder if there's any way of changing this.

Not sure how they come up with the bands, if like running races these are based on your estimated finihsing time, which they ask at entry, the general rule (with running races) is that you can move down but not up ability bands. Basically, they don't want people trying to overtake very slow people as it poses a hazard.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!

Pin it on.................... it is a pin, not a 10mm hole punch, you won't see where it was pinned unless you go looking, especially after a run through the laundry machine.. If you are that arsed about your jersey, take your own safety pins instead of the organisers, you can use smaller sharper and most importantly rust free pins (I do this for TT's as my club kit has white sleeves that could do without rust stains).

Top Bottom