2013 Liggett and Sherwin'isms

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I don't read your posts Boris, they're just too long and too boring and too self-indulgent but seeing the section that Noodley has quoted has alerted me to the fact that you clearly know damn all about Sherwen and Liggett's history of slavering over Armstrong and denying his doping even when it was evident to all. Not to mention Liggett's attacks on USADA during the whole process and not to mention the fact that Armstrong, Liggett and Sherwen were linked in a financial arrangement. They should be nowhere near a microphone for many reasons but incompetence is only one of them.

did anyone watch the Broom Wagon thing that Boulting and Boardman did tonight? very funny show with a great cameo from Cav. such a shame those other 2 numpties are doing the main show.

Hont

Guru
I note that ITV have ditched the segment where Phil and Paul answer questions from the public. Maybe too difficult to find that "what do the riders eat" question that they answer every year in amongst the deluge of Pharmstong-denier emails?

Noodley

They got all in am muddle today with the history of the Roche/Martin family trees: first we had the announcement that "Nicolas Roche is the son of Stephen Roche, who won the Tour in 1987"; then it was the revelation that "Dan Martin is the nephew of Stephen Roche, who won the Tour in 1987"; and then we had the real humdinger from Sherwen of "Dan Martin is Nicolas Roche's brother-in-law, err no I mean his cousin" - I think it was too much for him to work out what relation he'd be to Stephen Roche, winner of the Tour in 1987, if he was the cousin-in-law of his brother's dog, so he then told us that Martin's dad also rode a bike :laugh:

Noodley

Oh, and I heard the first mention of "the heads of state of the tour de France" today from Sherwen - like hearing the first cuckoo of spring

oldroadman

Veteran
They got all in am muddle today with the history of the Roche/Martin family trees: first we had the announcement that "Nicolas Roche is the son of Stephen Roche, who won the Tour in 1987"; then it was the revelation that "Dan Martin is the nephew of Stephen Roche, who won the Tour in 1987"; and then we had the real humdinger from Sherwen of "Dan Martin is Nicolas Roche's brother-in-law, err no I mean his cousin" - I think it was too much for him to work out what relation he'd be to Stephen Roche, winner of the Tour in 1987, if he was the cousin-in-law of his brother's dog, so he then told us that Martin's dad also rode a bike :laugh:

Neil Martin, good bloke and a very handy bike rider indeed. Dan's mum is Maria, sister of Mr Roche senior.
hence he once had a GB licence, then decided to take out an Irish one (presumably dual nationality?) when he was already at quite a good level.

dragon72

Guru
Liggett called an attack yesterday from someone called Nero Cantera. Must be new to the peloton.

oldroadman

Veteran
Moral: If you want to succeed as a pro, the longest name you can have should not exceed Abdujaparov, and be phonetically easy to pronounce.

thom

____
Ligget just said something about the Olympic TT not having the same quality as the world championships because there are restrictions on the number of entries per country...
Were there any top TTers not at the Olympics ? Depth would be less but the cream was all there innit !?

Top Bottom