2013 Liggett and Sherwin'isms

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

"Nairo Quintana is from the region of Blah..." Why not just "Nairo Quintana is from Blah"...

They cant even get the Blah bit right. At one point today they had him as the "man from Bogota": he's from Tunja in the "Boyaca" region.

U

User169

Alan Valverde!

SomethingLikeThat

Über Member
They are completely different to Eurosport commentary, granted they're not perfect either but at least they're having a proper conversation and answering people's questions rather than spouting off the same guff over and over again - naming riders etc.

Plus I like listening to Sean Kelly's voice.

eck

Über Member
After the first week of this year's Tour, swearing and throwing things at the telly in frustration with that pair of clowns, we got Sky, with Eurosport, installed last just over a week ago. Sorry, ITV4, I just couldn't take it any more. :cursing: :hello:

A mate made a telling comment at the weekend that, compared with other commentators, Ligget and Sherwen seem disconnected from what's going on, it's as if they don't have the backstage pass any more and nobody on the inside really speaks to them now. Hmm...

Noodley

If I wasnae awa fae hame I'd be chappin' at yer door tae watch it

wakou

Über Member
And today, they didn't disappoint....
"And there is the Basque flag, of Spain"
Ligget, for reasons known only to Ligget, explained that French for "pouring water over oneself" was "s'arrosser". The reply came "I know a better word in French for rosé.... red wine"
And in an inspired piece of lunacy, a mountain-top 10th castle Ligget: "restored in the the year 2xxx" Sherwin: "Then looks like they filled it with soil, so they could put a field on top of it"

Top Bottom