2013 Liggett and Sherwin'isms

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
And today, they didn't disappoint....
"And there is the Basque flag, of Spain"
Ligget, for reasons known only to Ligget, explained that French for "pouring water over oneself" was "s'arrosser". The reply came "I know a better word in French for rosé.... red wine"
And in an inspired piece of lunacy, a mountain-top 10th castle Ligget: "restored in the the year 2xxx" Sherwin: "Then looks like they filled it with soil, so they could put a field on top of it"
I don't usually do this but.........:eek:

'Take your hat off to Team Saxo - they're using their two men to go one on one with Chris Froome'

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Today I heard when Phil Liggert was talking about Froome on the last climb.... "He has dosed his training"????

Pete Ross

Regular
All of a sudden there is no reaction. I did just observe him Phil and he wasn't there. On a day like this. Somewhere in the back of his/my mind. In this sport of professional cycle racing. Someone asked me, blah blah

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Sherwin: Andy Schleck has just posted the 4th fastest time a the first check and he is a good climber and he's not a bad descender either.....
Me: spits tea out

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Ligett: Well as Valverde comes up this is going to be close but he's done it by a few seconds
Me: It's nearly a fekkin minute you Muppet, not a few seconds.
Ligett: Oh no, it's......nearly a minute, I was looking at the seconds

VamP

Banned
Sounds like I should watch this on ITV.

pjm

is anyone else irritated by 'there's Contador dancing on the pedals', that one seems to come out every time there is a shot of him on every mountain stage every year

Hont

Guru
Liggett's love of the phrase "he's free to fly". I understand this one when a rider has dropped everyone and is on their own. But during a time trial it make no sense at all.

And where did Sherwen get the idea that Froome's nodding dog act is because it's more aerodynamic?

Top Bottom