2016 Cycling Goals & New Year's resolutions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stevec047

Über Member
To update my progress I have now completed 3 50 mile+ rides and have lost just under 3 stone. Milage for the year is just shy of 800 miles but I know I can really boost this over the coming weeks and months with plenty more big milage rides planned.

Next year will be a totally different plan as I have some big ideas in mind tbc.

Gert Lush

1. I want to take part in the Half Century Per Month Challenge
2. Start cycling with people, either join the local club or go out with people from work
3. Complete a 7 day tour, either camping or credit card touring
4. Complete my first Duathlon, while aiming towards doing my first triathlon
5. Don't give up cycling!
6. Learn more to do with the maintenance side of my bikes
7. Ride 3660 miles
8. Keep taking part in the Bkool leaques

Probably more, will edit when I remember!

Well this year has been a let down if I am going solely on these goals.

I've been out with the guys from work a few times and am looking to go out with the local cycling club for the first time on Wednesday. Still cycling so that's number 5 down. I've been working on the maintenance side a bit, trying to get my skills up in that but I don't want to take my bike apart unnecessarily to put it back together.

Not done any of the others, no touring but am currently planning something for that. No Duathlon, definitely not anywhere near quick enough for that yet! Not gonna hit 3660, that was a bit adventurous for my first proper year cycling especially as I did almost none for the first three to four months and haven't been on Bkool for months.

Maybe do better next year :smile:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
1 Half century a month challenge
2 Ride my first century (metric and imperial, hopefully)
3 Ride 500+ miles in a month (current best is 345)
4 Do a Sportive (there is much talk at work about a couple of us doing the Wiggle Vale Velo in April...)
5 Improve my bike maintenance skills
6 Keep cycling
7 Get Mrs ND back out on her bike

1 Done (well, to date anyway...) :bicycle:
2 Done (metric) :thumbsup:
3 Done (522 miles in May) :wahhey:
4 Done - did the Vale Vélo (50 miles) in April, got the Yorkshire Tour (81 miles) on Saturday ^_^
5 Better than it was...:rolleyes:
6 All good so far, n+1 ordered yesterday :okay:
7 Work in progress ;)

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
1. a multiday tour (already booked);
2. don't get hurt;
3. enjoy it;
4. dunno. Any suggestions?
And the suggestion was an Audax which I've not done yet and it feels like good weather is running out, but so far I'm enjoying the rides and haven't really got hurt (not even the extensive pothole-induced bruises of last year - a couple of flirtations with saddle sores fixed by refining saddle choices) and the tour of Holland and Utrecht went great and I really should finish writing about it and post it somewhere.

So because of that, the most likely other goals are some of the mass social rides like the Dunwich Dynamo or the Free Cycle, if I've enough spare time at the time. I know I'll miss the Reach Ride next year, but I'll probably do it again in 2017 if it's happening.
I did the Free Cycle again (and rode around the following day and watched the sportive and the race) and not the Dunwich Dynamo.

Top Bottom