2019 Goats League - *CLOSED* Climb 16 - Col du Granon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Ride opens for attempts at midnight 15th April 2019, and closes on Midnight on the 9th June 2019, ride must be completed within that window for it to count otherwise you get the time of the slowest rider plus 5%.

Prior to the summit finish of the Col du Galibier the Col du Granon held the acolaid of being the highest ever mountain top finish in le Tour. It was won by Spaniard Eduardo Chozas after a long, lone breakaway in the 1986 edition of le Tour. Averaging 10% for the 10.33 Km, the 958m of ascent is more or less unrelenting.

profile.coldugranon.png

Post your times in the thread and I'll update the Goats League Spreadsheet

Please include your BRVR User/Display Name to give other riders pacers to chase if they so desire.

That's a lot of red...

martin22

I take my previous comment back I just realised I rode this one a couple of years ago, (on BigRingVR) and it's awful. (Even with the black and white telly and the bike pointing downhill). We're doomed. Doomed I tell you....

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
I take my previous comment back I just realised I rode this one a couple of years ago, (on BigRingVR) and it's awful. (Even with the black and white telly and the bike pointing downhill). We're doomed. Doomed I tell you....
Took on board all the advice but found the small wheel on the front began to hurt my back, so in a moment of inspiration I put the cooling fans behind me and Voila (some sort of musical instrument I think) instant tail wind all the way up the climb. Not that it made much difference like.
46:01, not much faster than when I did this one 18 months ago.

BRVR_User

40:42 for me please. Stunning climb

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Well, that was exciting, if you use me as a marker see if you can spot the precise moment that my wheel clamp opened and I got unceremoniously dumped on top of the laundry basket, followed by a mad scramble to get the bike and me clipped back in again. I'm pretty sure I would have had the KOM if it hadn't been for that.
Relentless though it was I did like the road and the views were stunning. A few other cyclists too which is always nice :smile:
Anyway, as it was I'd like to register a score of 56:21 please @Aleman

Top Bottom