2019 Goats League - *CLOSED* Climb 4 - Col de la Bonette From Jausiers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Ride opens for attempts on midnight 21st Jan 2019, and closes on Midnight on the 17th March 2019, ride must be completed within that window for it to count otherwise you get the time of the slowest rider plus 5%.

A quick dip of the toe in to France to visit the Col del al Bonette from Jausiers, 1575m of ascent in 23.18Km, look out for that final ramp at the end ;)

profile.coldellabonettejausiers.png

Post your times in the thread and I'll update the Goats League Spreadsheet

Please include your BRVR User/Display Name to give other riders pacers to chase if they so desire.

Last edited:

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
01:23:44. I don't know which is more disappointing the fact that I was hoping for a sub 1hr 20 or the fact that if I'd taken one more second I would have finished in 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ho hum.

martin22

1:45:24 I'm now a broken man :wacko:

Great scenery though, got quite immersed in the video, at one point a bird flew across the screen and I looked to the left of my tv thinking it was going to be flying out that way across the room :laugh:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
1:45:24 I'm now a broken man :wacko:

Great scenery though, got quite immersed in the video, at one point a bird flew across the screen and I looked to the left of my tv thinking it was going to be flying out that way across the room :laugh:

When I arrived at the summit of the stage 3 climb there was what looks like a ski station. My first thought was ‘I hope that’s open because I’m out of water’! Then I remembered where I was, got off the bike, and went and poured myself a drink... :blush:

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I really must open my account for this year and get some climbing started ... What with the 12 week Build Me Up workout in Zwift, and then the Tour de Zwift time to climb is at a premium as I need more rest days :sad:

So the next ride is now open and can be found >>>here<<< It's a climb I absolutely love to do IRL, and is a must do climb on any cycling trip to the island ... My personal choice is to take the pain of extra climbing and visit Cala Tuent which is a much better and less touristy location to have coffee and cake. You then ascend from cala Tuent join the Sa Calaobra road, descend into Sa Calobra, and come out ready to face the 9Km climb to the Coll del Reis. This one I hope to beat my IRL time, and hopefully not ship my chain on the spiral bridge as the gradient hits 12%!

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I figured you had your hands full with the Zwift tour. Part of the reason I like doing theses climbs is because I can do them tired and not be so mindful of the results like when racing. I’m like you if I’m racing I need much more recovery time.

I don’t know if some of you guys ever drop into the ‘meet ups’ thread. But over there we’re planning a trip to mont ventoux in September, and you guys are welcome to join us. If you think it’s a bit weird meeting up with people in real life via a bike forum well it is!... ^_^ But only for about 2 minutes then it’s lots of fun.

BRVR_User

01:15:26 for me please.
Rode this IRL last June but the weather wasn't great and the Cime was closed. It's nice to see the scenery in the video but having to ride the Cime - not so much!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Having my first attempt at this later. Expecting it to be close to 2 hours, if I even have the legs to complete the ride! My current (and others) handicapped time is 1:54:29 so anything below that will be a bonus :okay: And of course, it could mean all those others who have not managed to complete this yet may get an even slower time :biggrin:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
:eek::eek:That kind of implies that you will be having multiple attempts :eek::eek:

:notworthy::notworthy:
It implies that I will do 1 complete attempt ..... it just may take more than once to get to the top :tongue: I'm not racing tonight - I'll set the coach to get me to the top in 1:55 so I know where I am with that target. Will be taking it fairly easy at first and will push on later if I can and am confident to finish. Main aim though is to set a time :okay:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
It implies that I will do 1 complete attempt ..... it just may take more than once to get to the top :tongue: I'm not racing tonight - I'll set the coach to get me to the top in 1:55 so I know where I am with that target. Will be taking it fairly easy at first and will push on later if I can and am confident to finish. Main aim though is to set a time :okay:
Kinda like my AdZ attempt :blink:. If at first ..........:bicycle::bicycle::bicycle:

Top Bottom