2019 Goats League - *CLOSED* Climb 4 - Col de la Bonette From Jausiers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ibooij

Über Member
1:24:58 for me please, @Aleman

These long ones are not my cup of tea. I should probably do them more often..

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I'm going to have to try this again on Sunday, but using my new NEO2 trainer. Could be a very steep learning curve for me :eek:
I think I'm going to do this tomorrow, just to get a time in. I've had plenty of time this week to have a proper go, but a complete lack of motivation to actually go for it ::cry: ... Hopefully the medication will kick in before long :sad:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Definitely planning on having a pop at this later. I was hoping @Aleman would have set a time for me to chase already but looks like I'm going to have to be the hare for him to chase :biggrin:

Last edited:

Whorty

1:53:21 @Aleman

Was going Ok but with 8.5km to go I started to really struggle. At that point I was a minute ahead of @djk ..... with 5km to go I'm 3 mins behind! I lost all my time on the 'easy' green and yellow sections where I just wanted to rest :tongue:

Anyway, another target to beat for those inclined to have a go :okay:

Still a few of you not done stage 4 yet : @Aleman, @Breedon, @TurboTommy , @Del C , @Randyberlin .... do you really want my time plus 5% :laugh:

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
1:48:17 @Whorty xx(xx(xx(:surrender:

Whorty

ha ha I'm happy you beat me so long as you feel sick doing it :rofl: That's a good time. Did you use me as a pacer? Was probably obvious when I was starting to slow, and you could start to pull away :okay:

Edit: after 5 stages there are only 7 seconds between us :eek: Looks like I do better on the shorter climbs and you do better on the longer climbs. I think my peak distance is 80 mins, then I start to fade. Stage 6 is yours, and maybe stage 10, but I'm hoping I can claw back some time on the shorter punchier stages again :boxing:

Last edited:

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
01:13:48, I think that'll be the last revisit for a while. Just hope this new found bit of form lasts though I suspect it's down to inaccuracies in the turbo trainer rather than me. I'll find out when my present one goes belly up and I get one with a PM built in.

Whorty

01:13:48, I think that'll be the last revisit for a while. Just hope this new found bit of form lasts though I suspect it's down to inaccuracies in the turbo trainer rather than me. I'll find out when my present one goes belly up and I get one with a PM built in.
What trainer do you have at the moment?

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
What trainer do you have at the moment?
It's an Elite Real Turbo Muin. I've had it about 3 years now and it's been in almost daily use so has been a real good buy. I've read that it is fairly accurate power wise up to a point then starts to over read. I think I've reached that point but I don't know by what percentage it over reads or the exact wattage where it does. I was thinking of getting the Elite Drivo I or maybe the updated II if funds stretch. However if those IQ2 PMs ever reach the market I may try them with the existing trainer instead.

1:53:21 @Aleman

Was going Ok but with 8.5km to go I started to really struggle. At that point I was a minute ahead of @djk ..... with 5km to go I'm 3 mins behind! I lost all my time on the 'easy' green and yellow sections where I just wanted to rest :tongue:

Anyway, another target to beat for those inclined to have a go :okay:

Still a few of you not done stage 4 yet : @Aleman, @Breedon, @TurboTommy , @Del C , @Randyberlin .... do you really want my time plus 5% :laugh:

Red=Tempo,
Yellow and Green = Hammer down,
Pink = xx(xx(xx(

SmP-62

Excellent time, Dave.

Top Bottom