2019 Goats League - *CLOSED* Climb 9 - Hautacam

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Ride opens for attempts at midnight 25th Feb 2019, and closes on Midnight on the 21st April 2019, ride must be completed within that window for it to count otherwise you get the time of the slowest rider plus 5%.

Despite wanting to make things 'Easy' and absolutely loving the new ride (Sa Batalla ;) ) that was added this week we are going from Moderate to Hard, and this ride has featured in 5 Tour de France (94, 96, 00, 08, and 14) I give you the 1075m climb in 16.12Km, at a 6.8% average gradient, that makes up the Hor Categorie "Hautacam"! ! :biggrin:

profile.hautacam.png

Post your times in the thread and I'll update the Goats League Spreadsheet

Please include your BRVR User/Display Name to give other riders pacers to chase if they so desire.

Last edited:

martin22

No one seems to be rushing to do this ride, surely it can't be that bad... or so I thought.

:surrender: I struggled on this one, I felt knackered after the first red section! I thought this training was meant to be making things easier!

Anyway at least that's my 80 mins of torture done for the week ^_^

1:19:23

SmP-62

... that last kilometre was brutal.

One of the hardest climbs I know IRL.

After 3 days of cycling (370km, 8600m el.gain) I went on Hautacam ... plan was one short ride just near a place I was staying ... but it was not recovery ride.

Tecnically, there are 2 Cols: Hautacam is lower (big parking plateau) and then you turn left and ride less then 2km to Col de Tramassel, where also finish of this BR ride is.

On my way to the valley, I saw 2 grannys (60+ years) on the steepest part 'grinding' uphill ... chating and smiling ... on E-bikes.

ibooij

Über Member
Funny thing: I broke my left leg badly in September of 2009, couldn't walk (or even set a single step) for 4 months, finally walked without pain or crutches after 8 months. That was not the fun part.
In the summer of 2010, just under 10 months after the fracture, we went camping in the Pyrenees. The first ride I did was up Hautacam and Col du Tramassel. I loved it and wasn't even that slow.
I have fond memories of that climb as it told me that I was back on the way up.
Those fond memories will probably be shattered when I try to go fast on BRVR, so I'll hold off for a while :angel:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Tick that one off as done @Aleman

1:15:08 for me please :okay:

SmP-62

Was there IRL in july 2016. Before I drove to Pyrenees I rode this climb 3 times on Tacx TTS4 software and once after returned home (my usual practice).

Today I went there with BRVR ... and I remembered the road as I was there yesterday. Great feeling.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Hopefully having a pop at this later today. Just looking to set a time rather than bust a gut, so anything around 90 mins will do my fine. Will post up time (and abuse to @Aleman ) once I've finished :laugh:

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Errrrmmmmm, Ride closed on 21st April, Sorry for not updating the spreadsheet, it's been a shoot couple of weeks.

Still good practice for Passo Sella ;)

Top Bottom