2019 Structured training

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I hope I have time to commit to my training plan and get back to or better where I was in 2017. Being a wuss I prefer sporting TT courses that are not on busy roads and I would like to get back to a sub 25minutes 10miles.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
A thread for 2019 goals and structured training.

Mine is training for PBP 2019 with a peak for my 600 in May then PBP next August. Aim is to lift my average speed from this year and improve the ease with which I complete the longer rides.

Looking forward to watching your progress. I’ll be shamelessly nicking ideas for my plan to do it in 2023.

Milzy

Guru
I hope I have time to commit to my training plan and get back to or better where I was in 2017. Being a wuss I prefer sporting TT courses that are not on busy roads and I would like to get back to a sub 25minutes 10miles.
The only way I could do that now would be with a decent TT bike & a flat straight course.

Don't forget the other 934 metres! :okay: (100 miles is 160.934 km)

Good job I found out now...

Nebulous

Guru
I've already posted on the 2018 training thread, never having done anything structured before I'm on my way through an FTP builder training plan on Zwift. I've signed up to a whole series of Audax events in roughly March to June, with a 200, 300, 400 and 600. If I can complete all of them and get an SR I'll be happy.

At the moment I'm 86kg and my first FTP test came out at 200 watts. I intend to lose 5kg and put on 50 watts by late March which will just tip me over the 3 watts / kg mark. That would bring me into my first events in pretty good shape.

27/1/19- Dropped a kilo to 85. Zwift says my ftp has increased to 222, but I haven't done a proper retest.

Last edited:

OnTheRopes

Regular
I am the master of comebacks and herein starts another ^_^ I had all summer off the bike and started training again in late August so I have a pretty good base in now but officially by my programme (A la Joe Friel0 I am now in Base 2. I intend to race LVRC (I'm an old git) again and have a good go at the Percy Stallard National points series. I am planning on a peak in May and then another in August for the Nationals.
A year ago I bought a TT bike which as yet is still unridden and I may try a few TT's but I need some wheels for it.
I have just bought a Ridley Noah SL frame to build up into an aero RR bike so I am currently motivated and stickingb to my programme.
The only thing I have to watch is I don't over train and burn out, which has happened before but I am trying to stick to a 2 weeks on and 1 week recovery schedule as advised for older athletes, something I have never done before.

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I’m just under 3W/kg at the mo. I have an FTP test coming up in a couple of weeks. We’ll see what happens.

I’m more interested in at least another year of building my aerobic base so I can sit on a bike all day and the next, and the next, and the next...

FTP test for me tomorrow all being well. Yes don't forget to work on aerobic threshold as well as the higher intensity efforts. A ride of at least two hours once a week will help set up the base to launch from.

Top Bottom