2020 cycling goals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
If we're doing actual outdoor cycling in this thread ... I thought it started off in the "virtual training" section.

Fifth year of the imperial century a month challenge
Ride round the outside of the M25. I have a route planned, just need to choose a time - in the summer when the days are long.
Be organised and do more Friday Night Rides than I usually manage.
Don't fall off.

OP
OP
Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist

Just the 2 goals.
Complete my 10th year of the imperial century a month challenge.
Manage 10,000+ cycling miles for the 12th year in a row.
10,000 miles in 12 months ? Do you ever get off the bike ? 😳

OP
OP
Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist

I'm, not going to tell you who the PF is, because it's bad luck. Think of the Tooth Fairy but in the context of the air in your tyres :whistle:
Endura ? Where do I start ?

MTB overshoes - the zips jam easily and their tabs snap off within weeks, Bottoms wear through easily. BBB ones are the same quality at a fraction of the price.

Waterproof gloves were not waterproof and the lining bunched up when you took them off. I accept this happens with a lot of waterproof gloves, but not to the point where it takes hours to get them back to a wearable state. PS the dhb ones I currently own do not have this problem.

I am on my second set of Gridlock waterproof trousers. When the waterproof lining came away on the first pair (like someone had peeled a pig) I blamed Mrs V for the way she washed them. However this has happened to the second set, before they were even washed. They are not waterproof at all afterwards - not much before either. The backside on them goes white rather quickly too and eventually wears through. Again, the zips jam.

Waterproof jacket. Not waterproof after the first wash (and not much before) despite following the instructions. Zips jam, cuff straps are flimsy and easily ripped away when attempting to use them wearing gloves.

Gillet - nice but again - the zips !!!!

Humvee II shorts. Again the zips jam. Two of the poppers for the liner do not pop. The liner is too tight compared to the size of the outer shorts. By the time you actually get these on properly, the sun has gone down. Easier just to wear a normal pair of lycra shorts underneath.

Chainstay protector. Bought the smallest size and still it doesn't stay put and looked drab pretty quickly. My Lizard Skin one lasted 10 years and three bikes.
Errm my chealp plastic trousers seem far better compared to the endura stuff ! 😔

johnblack

Über Member
If we're doing actual outdoor cycling in this thread ... I thought it started off in the "virtual training" section.

Fifth year of the imperial century a month challenge
Ride round the outside of the M25. I have a route planned, just need to choose a time - in the summer when the days are long.
Be organised and do more Friday Night Rides than I usually manage.
Don't fall off.
MTB Epics have a guide called the Smoke Ring which is an anti-clockwise circuit of the M25, lots of off-road if that's your thing. they also run an organised event over a couple of days.

OP
OP
Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist

PF visited me twice last year ! I am back on my trusted hybrid for winter cycling

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Doing this with Ross and Tim over Sunday and Monday.
Look forward to seeing the route - if Tim puts it on Strava. I may steal bits for my plan. I've got a plan to do the whole circuit which comes out at 300km ish.

I worked a control on the London Orbital audax in 2018 and was inspired do it in 2019 but they moved the start/finish from somewhere with rail access to the middle of nowhere, so in the end I DNS'd as I didn't want the hassle of driving there & back and risk a difficult trip to fetch the car if I had to bail.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
MTB Epics have a guide called the Smoke Ring which is an anti-clockwise circuit of the M25, lots of off-road if that's your thing. they also run an organised event over a couple of days.
Off road definitely isn't my thing. It normally means I've got horribly lost. :laugh:

Here's my current plan. Anticlockwise.
1578056052813.png

lane

Veteran
Even i want to join a club but find it difficult as most clubs and riders are for faster riders. So i do lot of solo rides - in my own pace

What sort of club are you looking for? I belong to a local CTC / Cycling UK club which is not for faster riders on the basis I can keep up! Could be worth a try if you have a local group.

Just to do more miles!

And I often think of joining a club as all mine rides are solo, I quite like the idea of sitting at the back of the bunch putting in no effort at all lol. But then again, I think of that Groucho Marx quote!

Top Bottom