2020 cycling goals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist

A 32 mile daily round trip commute and the ICaM Challenge soon adds up.
32 mile daily commute ! Each way or both way combined ?

What is this ride ? Is it an organised one or just your indiv ride and roure

Just something a bit hairbrained that I came up with back in 2017 and did on a whim... :blush:

I've either got the train down to Winchester or driven down with a bike in the car (I'm well north of Cambridge, hence the hairbrained bit), and then ridden to Alresford and back - it's about 18-ish miles in total.

It's a lovely ride along the Itchen valley using NCN 23 (OS Explorer sheet 32) through some absolutely stunning scenery. You *do* need hill legs though, and a bike with suitable gearing.

But for me, it's not just a random ride. Someone close to my heart is buried in St John's churchyard in Alresford, and it's a nice way of paying my respects when I can. :blush:

Zipp2001

Veteran
Introduce a few more people to this great sport that I have loved for 40+ years. I bought an extra trail bike to add to the other extra trail bike I have. That way they can't use the I don't have a bike excuse. It's worked a few times so I've targeted a few people for this year.

OP
OP
Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist

Introduce a few more people to this great sport that I have loved for 40+ years. I bought an extra trail bike to add to the other extra trail bike I have. That way they can't use the I don't have a bike excuse. It's worked a few times so I've targeted a few people for this year.
Well done thats a great idea

vickster

Legendary Member
To actually manage RLS100 (ish) on 15 August as I can't defer again...and it's getting expensive doing so :rolleyes:

ronnie_hawk

Regular
Whats the plan for 2020? Thinking of joining any challenges? I am contemplating P2P again.... only contemplating !
[/QUOTE]
What's P2P?

pjd57

Veteran
They probably are. I am going to try the Muddy Fox ones from Sports Direct. Can't be any worse.
Not plastic , but my first ever lycra bottoms were Muddy Fox from SD.
Washed and worn to death.
Paid far more for others that weren't any better and some that are far worse.

OP
OP
Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist

Not plastic , but my first ever lycra bottoms were Muddy Fox from SD.
Washed and worn to death.
Paid far more for others that weren't any better and some that are far worse.
Yes i think muddyfox is really good but i havent seen any thing waterproof and nice by them. Specially the ones that has fleece lining underneath for the cold

Top Bottom