2020 cycling goals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist

Where in London are you? You can check both Cycling UK and London Cycling Campaign websites for more local leisurely social rides?
Yes there are lot of clubs here and rides by cycling uk... have to look up their website again

Venod

Eh up
This years main goal is to get back to bike orienteering, just before the first event last year I developed a bad back with two months of the bike, I sold the mtb and decided to keep of the very rough stuff for a while, I now have a new MTB so am hoping to get back into it.
I will also try to ignore mileage targets, and if I do go out on any group rides, I will try and persude as many as I can that its not race and there is no need to chain gang at any point of the ride and there is nothing wrong with slowing it down to accommodate slower riders, this will be a losing battle so I will end up doing most of my rides solo, so I can enjoy cycling my way, the slower riders that can't keep up will be put off group riding and may be put off for life.

OP
OP
Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist

You need to enter the ballot, I think it closes this month...and pay if you get a place (you can defer but you lose the cost which is £70 or so this year). Or you can commit to fundraising and get a charity place :okay:
I dont feel like fundraising. If i can join by paying that is easier

OP
OP
Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist

This years main goal is to get back to bike orienteering, just before the first event last year I developed a bad back with two months of the bike, I sold the mtb and decided to keep of the very rough stuff for a while, I now have a new MTB so am hoping to get back into it.
I will also try to ignore mileage targets, and if I do go out on any group rides, I will try and persude as many as I can that its not race and there is no need to chain gang at any point of the ride and there is nothing wrong with slowing it down to accommodate slower riders, this will be a losing battle so I will end up doing most of my rides solo, so I can enjoy cycling my way, the slower riders that can't keep up will be put off group riding and may be put off for life.
Yes its a shame. I do understand the need to stick in a group...but the issue is sometimes faster riders put their names for slower groups and then drags the whole group to a higher pace. Atleast thats what happened when i did the pedal to paris ride. Our social group had majority fast riders. Later that group was split due to this issue

OP
OP
Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist

It's the ballot then
Ok i will check this weekend then ... thanks for the flag

Top Bottom