205.6 miles in a day, but just the once: summer 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Done it too... Couple of weeks ago and surprisingly similar to Mr dogtrousers route.
331.6 km which is just slightly over 205.6 miles
Hard hard days cycling started 2.00 am finished around 10pm
Longest ride to date
https://www.strava.com/activities/656889487
Bravo.

Route similarities are not all that surprising since I did study the Man of Kent route in my search for the perfect flat unhilly route. (And then went and spoiled it by going over the Downs at the start and end).

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Warm congratulations to everyone who's done this. I intended to join in but for various reasons couldn't get the continuity through May and June. Of course, by that time there was another spectre on the horizon...

I suppose this means I have to do it again now!

By next summer we'll know what a Coker is. I have a feeling this could be where it ends.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
TBH I'll be sticking to round numbers in future. Trying to re-plan my route, brain a bit addled, I couldn't remember what a Searvogel was. I knew the annual record in miles had two "76"s in it, but that was about all. And was a Godwin 205 or 206?? And what's that in km? It was all a bit confusing.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
You know, I think you're right. The exact digits don't matter very much. I have one 200+ ride in my history, 26 years ago today, and I finished on 202 miles. That took just under 13½ hours doorstep to doorstep, including a pub lunch. Those were the days...

Nudging ahead of that would very likely mean completing a Godwin, or a Searvogel. The indications are that a Coker will end up at over 225 miles, which is heading for another level. Perhaps, entering wholeheartedly into the spirit of the thing, it ought to be done on a pan-flat circuit in the Cotswold Water Park, an area which could have something of the character of Flatwood Park.

A possible forum ride?

Top Bottom