205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
ASJT.....
Well, I for one got it immediately and thought it very good!

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Steve Abraham
5 hrs ·
I will end my month record attempt on Saturday 1st October. For the last hour from 11pm I will be riding my 3 mile circuit around the grid roads of Milton Keynes encicling (or should that be ensquaring?) the estate of Two Mile Ash.
Everyone welcome to come and ride or cheer from the sidelines.

toffee

Guru
Steve Abraham
5 hrs ·
I will end my month record attempt on Saturday 1st October. For the last hour from 11pm I will be riding my 3 mile circuit around the grid roads of Milton Keynes encicling (or should that be ensquaring?) the estate of Two Mile Ash.
Everyone welcome to come and ride or cheer from the sidelines.

I might just go along if I remember and haven't had too much to drink by 11pm ^_^

Derek

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Ooops :blush: - OK, then.

:scratch: :unsure:

GO STEVE ! ^_^

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I would imagine that Amanda will declare it at some stage and then smash it out of the park.

But at least Steve gets his name in the book.

Well done Steve.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Steve has declared on facebook a still to be ratified 7,104.5 miles - about 238 miles a day.

I think Amanda might want to take the record along her way.

But 238 miles is quite a bit more than her average of 220.

It seems to me she is running to a strict plan, so I wonder if she won't want to disrupt that until later when the likely success of her main aim of the year record is clearer.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
By my calculation, if Amanda records over 366 kilometres today, her latest 30-day total will be greater than 7104.5, and it will be her biggest by quite a long way. But even this sequence includes storm-shortened days which could easily have thwarted a declared attempt.

I don't know Florida weather, but I'd guess the season least likely to experience storms is spring. So I'd expect her to make her official attempt(s) towards the end of her year, when she'll be going for broke anyway to maximise the yearly total.

Top Bottom