23" or 58cm Sirius Touring bike frameset SOLD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Harry Potters Mate Sirius Purple Touring bike with Reynolds 653 lugged tubed frame finished in a nice shade of Purple that fades round to silver before going back to Purple looks better than it sounds . Frame no is 9835 so going with a build date of 1985 .

23" or 58cm sized frame measured from the centre of the crank bolt to the centre of the seat pinch bolt with a top tube measurement of 21 3/4" or 55.5 cm and a stand over height of 33" or 84 cm . Set in pics for me at 5ft 10" and room for a couple of inches either way i reckon . Rr drop out is 130 mm .

it was part of a multi bike deal i bought a few weeks ago and i have done about 30 miles on it since and i can honestly say i feel it rides well and all works as it should . No seized seat post or quill stems .

Takes aprox 60 mm drop Brakes , normal touring spec braze ons with 2 sets of bottle cage mounts although only 1 cage fitted , 2 sets of mounts per axle ie guards and rack with half way mounts on front forks and upper mounts on rear stays , and an upper rear stay pump peg.

Paintwork has a few age related marks but cant see any cracks or dents and has what i presume to be a previous owners name painted on the top tube .

As stated i have covered 30 miles on it without doing anywork and that is how it will be sold so would suggest a service before you set of on a world tour .Would make an ideal work bike for sure .

Asking £105 collected from Wellingborough nn8 postcode r can be snet via a courier for an £25 to most uk post codes .

Please note Framset only not complete bike .

Please note up till i stripped this i didnt not realise the quill stem was frozen in the fork stearer , once the first 1" or so of stem was removed the remainder of the stem fell out .1st top thread on stearer slightly damaged but top nut on headset screws on ok and tightens up ok .

$_86.JPG $_86 (1).JPG $_86 (2).JPG $_86 (3).JPG $_86 (4).JPG $_86 (5).JPG $_86 (6).JPG $_86 (7).JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom