23c or 25c on triban 3?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Northampton is twinned with Beirut on account of Beirut's superior roads, and when I'm cycling about town I still can't tell the difference.
I do silly mileages over long distances, on really bad road surfaces and cattle grids. The 25's feel like riding with suspension after a 150 mile + ride, in comparison to the 23's. It's on account of having an increased volume of air.

Well to add a little closure I've ordered the following

Lifeline Prime armour road tyre
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-prime-armour-road-tyre/

the reviews seemed very positive for a £12 tyre, lets hope it lives up to it.
They aren't bad for a budget tyre, they will cut up relatively easily ( relative to the more expensive options ), but they cost less than half of some of the more expensive options, so if you have to keep replacing them due to a relative lack of durability, then that's not so bad. Buy cheap, buy twice.

400bhp

Guru
I do silly mileages over long distances, on really bad road surfaces and cattle grids. The 25's feel like riding with suspension after a 150 mile + ride, in comparison to the 23's. It's on account of having an increased volume of air.

Did you ride both at the same time?

I'm sorry, but the difference between the two is far too small to be noticiably different.

Adam4868

Guru
You'd be surprised, try it, then comment.
I've done over a hundred a few times but never felt the need for more.It was all ways on 23s and only a few on 25s and maybe it's in my head but didn't feel any different
As I say my winter bike is run on 23s(specialized armadillo). and they do some miles over crappy roads I find them fine.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I believe I can feel a difference between 23 and 25, but not nearly as much of a difference as RR suggests. 25s certainly don't feel like 'riding with suspension' - and thank god they don't!

A lot of the difference in feel will depend on the properties of individual tyres, and the pressure you run them at - two tyres of the same nominal width can feel significantly different in comfort.

I believe I can feel a difference between 23 and 25, but not nearly as much of a difference as RR suggests. 25s certainly don't feel like 'riding with suspension' - and thank god they don't!

A lot of the difference in feel will depend on the properties of individual tyres, and the pressure you run them at - two tyres of the same nominal width can feel significantly different in comfort.
Again, you're clearly not riding over cattle grids and cobbles, I reckon the pro teams mostly ride with 25's because there's "no difference" that must be it.

Top Bottom