23c or 25c on triban 3?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
View attachment 334748
I'm Not that heavy.

That's my experience as well.
My experience shows don't try putting a skinsuit on near your mum's crystal glass !

My experience shows don't try putting a skinsuit on near your mum's crystal glass !
Yes, that was a close one. Fortunately it didn't snag as I put either of my legs into it. I don't know whether the look on her face was due to the fact I'd actually made it over to see her for the first time in about 3 months, or that I didn't smash her fancy glasses to bits.

As someone who used to run 25mm Durano Plus tyres on my Triban 540, Ive since switched to 25mm Michelin Pro4 Endurance V2's and I love them, They are slightly lighter then the durano's and require less wattage to get the wheels rolling so picking up speed from a set of lights is less of a slog imho.

Obviously they arent as 'bombproof' as the Duranos but many a review have rated them quite highly for p+ protection.
Very true that. The D+ shod bikes do take a larger relative effort.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
I take back what i said about Michelin Pro4 Endurance V2's. Ive just suffered a p+ to my rear one while on the ride home and im currently sitting here waiting for a roadside recovery instead of fixing it myself (rather do it at home)

Back to Durano Plus tyres for me. Absolutely disappointed with these tyres. Might even try some Conti GPll's

I take back what i said about Michelin Pro4 Endurance V2's. Ive just suffered a p+ to my rear one while on the ride home and im currently sitting here waiting for a roadside recovery instead of fixing it myself (rather do it at home)

Back to Durano Plus tyres for me. Absolutely disappointed with these tyres. Might even try some Conti GPll's
The conti GPII's grip and roll like nothing else I know ( from an off the shelf offering), they really are quite superb, but it comes at the price of zero puncture resistance.

It might be all psychological and impossible to perceive but I'd rather have that psychological boost: wider tyres are claimed to roll better at lower and therefore more comfortable pressures, grip better (slightly more tread on the road) and have better p'ture resistance. I'd therefore would go (and have) for 25mm's

Never had duranos but the GPs (whether psychological or not) seem to grip better, the aren't robust as the Pro 4 Endu's (especially on the side wall). You'd probably p'ture more often with GP's but at least they are easier to change than the Pro 4 Endu's which can be a pain :wacko:

Never had duranos but the GPs (whether psychological or not) seem to grip better, the aren't robust as the Pro 4 Endu's (especially on the side wall). You'd probably p'ture more often with GP's but at least they are easier to change than the Pro 4 Endu's which can be a pain :wacko:
GPs to Mavic Yksions and The French win on grip

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
So i found the smallest of pieces of glass that went straight through the middle of the tyre and pierced the inner tube. If i still had my duranos on then It would of been an entirely different story...

Since Im looking for different tyres -- how is everyones experiences with Conti GP 4 seasons? It has more protection then the GPII's

@dimples

I am sorry for the thread hijack but we're kinda both in the same boat now :tongue:

::EDIT::

On a side note. Schwalbe One tyres look pretty good except many folks label them as a summer tyre.

Last edited:
Top Bottom