24x1.75 Commuting Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Need to impose myself on you all again for some advice... :blush:

I find myself having to convert my MTB into a commuter at short notice - for Tuesday 22nd and for the next three or four months thereafter. Basically the bike is something anonymous that I can leave in the station racks all day. The old tyres were in dire need of replacing (split carcass / perished sidewall), and I could only find one set of 24x1.75s while out and about. So ended up buying said set purely down to need.

However, the tyres are knobblies rather than the hybrids I had on previously, and riding them on the road is like trying to ride through glue... Truly, truly horrible... :cry:

They'll do at a pinch as a temporary measure, but would like some recommends on the tyre front regarding a slick or hybrid tyre. Grateful to hear your thoughts / advice. :okay:

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
A 24x1.75 is usually on a child's mountain bike, my daughter had them on her Specialized Hotrock.
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/schwalbe-delta-cruiser-bike-tyre/rp-prod143781
These 24x1 3/8 at £12.99 may be a better option for you.

Last edited:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Delta Cruisers are fine. An alternative is the Crazy Bob but that's 2.35" wide and £14 each:

_detail_crazy_bob.jpg

Top Bottom