2nd love

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rafferty

For me it has to be guitar playing and guitar making taking the top 2 spots, with cycling coming 3rd. Model railways would be something I would be interested in, if I knew where to start!

Rafferty

Motorcycles have been such a passion all my life but have become more of a spectator sport to me over the past few years been pondering about doing track days again but i don't think it will happen, a hobby that will never leave me is this lot
Guitars are great fun they bring joy to all ages even my grand kids, when you know what to buy you can make a bob or two, too.

The latest bunch... View attachment 80272

That left-handed Strat looks odd with the Fender logo on the headstock in reverse!
How did that happen?

tyred

Legendary Member
If I'm entirely honest, I enjoy fixing bikes more than I enjoy riding them :whistle::bicycle: Much like I enjoy fixing old cars but don't really enjoy driving that much.

Dancing :dance:(which has done more for my fitness than cycling ever did) and writing poetry also take up a lot of my time and I also like photography, hill walking and eating chocolate cake:hungry: (which doesn't do very much at all for my fitness:surrender:).

Billy Wizz

Über Member
That left-handed Strat looks odd with the Fender logo on the headstock in reverse!
How did that happen?
It was built in 1997 By Fender it is called The Woodstock Strat, they where built to the same spec as Jimi Hendrix's strat that he played at Woodstock as Jimi played left handed and used right handed guitars just flipped over.
Fender at the time decided to build a few that would suit a right hander, its a great guitar it also makes you wonder how the hell Jimi played so well.
So basically it is a upside down Strat.for a right handed player, :wacko: On Fenders website it is called The 97 Tribute. Not many people notice you obviously know a bit about Strats.^_^

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
  • Uilleann pipe playing
  • Northumbrian pipe playing pending
  • Hacking Python code on Raspberry Pi computers to control devices
  • Motor cycling
  • Live steam railways
  • Railway modelling
  • Pyrotechnics
  • Pie making
  • Pie eating
  • Music festivals
  • Chaos
  • Mischief

Testing some home made flash powder ready for science type fun and games with my Scouts. We also played with propane bubbles....

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Kayaking - haven't been out for a while due to back injury

sea fishing – same as above

astronomy – I like it, but it takes a lot to set it all up as I have to go to a dark site

learning to play guitar – now I'm really enjoying this. :smile:

Rafferty

It was built in 1997 By Fender it is called The Woodstock Strat, they where built to the same spec as Jimi Hendrix's strat that he played at Woodstock as Jimi played left handed and used right handed guitars just flipped over.
Fender at the time decided to build a few that would suit a right hander, its a great guitar it also makes you wonder how the hell Jimi played so well.
So basically it is a upside down Strat.for a right handed player, :wacko: On Fenders website it is called The 97 Tribute. Not many people notice you obviously know a bit about Strats.^_^

I didn't know about that one! I'm much more of a Tele fan.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I've seen Doyle with Clapton a few times. He obviously learnt on a right hander, and must be self-taught. I don't rate him as a player though.
Basically Roger 'nicked' Clapton's entire band for a while. (with permission) I really rate Doyle though.
Edit - the point was that it changes the 'neck resonance' with the thicker strings going to the furthest away machine head.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Methane bubbles can go badly wrong in the lab...

Don't do it under a sprinkler. :okay:

When I was a kid, I went to a school which had the River Meon flowing through it's grounds. There was a concrete lined pond that was fed by the river which we used to swim in. Every year it filled up with rotting vegetation which we had to dredge out with buckets and shovels while the river was temporarily diverted. Before The Pond Party set to work, there where a few weeks when the rotting vegetation could be poked with long sticks through the water, and bubbles of marsh gas would rise up from the depths. These we collected in inverted containers filled with water held just below the surface before carting them away with a lid to stop the methane escaping. We got some pretty impressive explosions from the yield.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Cycling is my second love. Sea fishing off the beach or on a boat takes top spot for me.

I must say that whenever we get to the seaside on hols, the prospect of a day's boat fishing really gets the nerves tingling. Last summer we had a day out from Penzance. Unbelievable day, sea like a mill pond, hundreds od shearwaters passing by. Catching Pollock was easy but enormous fun and for a landlubber, bringing in an 8lb fish is exciting indeed.

And they tasted great

Top Bottom