2nd love

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Skiing... but you can only do that for a week or two. I need a hobby but at the moment lack the morale to do more than work and ride.

MarkF

Guru
Like mo1959, I like to watch the archers, I go to the local club down at Apperley Bridge in the summer, I don't want to try it but do like watching.

I like vintage scooters and collect wristwatches but really, I love football and am not interested, at all, in any other sports. I watch it, coach it and still play it and I'll watch a.n.y football, PL to junior kids in a park, I can't help it, many of my cycle rides are planned around amateur games taking place along the route.

Drago

Legendary Member
Power lifting is my other sporting interest. After a year out of competition due to injury I'm finally competing again next month.

Aside from that amateur radio fills a.lot not my time, and I also devote a fair bit of time to being a Search and Rescue volunteer.

Hardrock93

Veteran
Motorcycling - although my interest seems to be fading as the years go by. I know my reactions aren't what they once were, and I can't be bothered with all the faff any more (contact lenses in, plus all the gear to put on). SMIDSY also applies to motorbikes but usually at higher speeds.
My current bike, a Honda CBF600S, will probably be my last :sad:. End of an era, passed my test in 1983.
Very similar story, here. I seem to have completely lost my motorcycling mojo after 40 years of being an obsessive fan. Last year's mileage on the Versys was a truly pathetic 150 miles. I now find the appeal of a 40 or 50 mile pedal round the Forth far more enticing than a 200+ mile ride on the motorbike.

Joffey

Big Dosser
It was football but the more I get into cycling the more I see how pathetic football is. The supporters don't seem to be much better... you go to the ToB / TdF and it's a great day out (for free btw) but the last time I went to a football match there were far to many people screaming abuse at each other (and the ref). I do not miss football at all even despite my team being top of The Championship!

HorTs

Über Member
Old VWs for me. We've got a '72 Bay Window camper.

Geoff Crowther

"... travel far, not fast", Ted Simon
Very similar story, here. I seem to have completely lost my motorcycling mojo after 40 years of being an obsessive fan. Last year's mileage on the Versys was a truly pathetic 150 miles. I now find the appeal of a 40 or 50 mile pedal round the Forth far more enticing than a 200+ mile ride on the motorbike.
Same here. My 1200GS Adventure has been gathering dust for a couple of years now (since I started cycling and became fitness orientated/obsessed). Can't quite bring myself to sell it.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I nearly bought a motorbike last year, a mint CX500, which was my most characterful bike. But when I put my sensible hat back on and thought about insurance and space to store it, I dropped the idea.

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Writing, guitar, snowboarding, snooker...have a strong desire to get into oil painting as well, but I don't have the time at the moment. Archery though, reminds me of 10,000 BC and that's my favorite hobby at the moment, because that show is crazy awful.

Top Bottom