2nd love

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pplpilot

Guru
Large format (5x4) landscape photography is my number one passion also dabble in everyday stuff too with a DSLR

Flying with just over 400 hours logged. Had a licence for best part of 15 years.

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
It was golf until I tore a muscle in my shoulder, now it's running and I'm looking forward to some mud-runs and rat races this year

andyfraser

Über Member
My other hobbies are music (guitar, keyboard, harmonica), photography (starting to get quite serious now) and long walks in the country (with a camera and a harmonica (Hohner Blues Harp in C mainly)).

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
I only have an ft817 currently, I used to contest on 6m quite regularly, it was my favourite band. Currently I have an HB9CV for 2m.
I've got a dual band Slimjim J Pole hooked up to a BF-F8HP and it hits all of my local repeaters (except the nearest one which has the widest coverage but annoyingly is DStar). What sort of gain are you getting from the Yagi over, lets say, a standard dipole. I really like the idea of getting into antenna design and tuning and getting the most from the least input

Last edited:
Dabbled with archery for a bit but the club sessions were always Saturday afternoon and clashed with football. The in-fighting and groups going off to form other clubs turned me off it completely in the end.
Have had various sailing dinghys over a number of years but found I really wasn't getting much time in them a couple of years ago and sold up. Still love sailing so hoping to do the RYA windsurfing course with my daughter during summer holidays. Boards look a lot easier to store and transport than boats.

I do seem to spend rather a lot of time on CC.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I've got a dual band Slimjim J Pole hooked up to a BF-F8HP and it hits all of my local repeaters (except the nearest one which has the widest coverage but annoyingly is DStar). What sort of gain are you getting from the Yagi over, lets say, a standard dipole. I really like the idea of getting into antenna design and tuning and getting the most from the least output

Not much from the HB9CV, about 3.6dB gain over a dipole , can easily work the Pennines from the hills east of Bath with 5w (7dBw) on 144MHz from the 817 though.

Mrs M

Guru
I enjoy swimming. Also interested in gardening, just have plants in pots at moment. Had good results so far salvaging sad looking plants from the bargain shelf at garden centre and bringing them back to life (miracle grow).
Enjoy watching golf and have been to afew tournaments. Payne Stewart was my favourite.
Used to tame feral kittens for Cats Protection so they could be rehomed, that's how we end up with 4 a few years ago!

Top Bottom