2nd love

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
I am quite enjoying trying running again ( well, gentle jogging really). It is hard at the time but seems to give me more of a buzz than cycling some days.

This has been me as well for a while, until a hurty knee has stopped play for the last fortnight.

Other than that, in the gym to play with the weights at least twice a week.

A ukulele I've not touched for about three months.

Up to about four years ago I used to play snooker averagely ok, top break fifty four.

I read a lot of non fiction.

Just lately I've been looking at Airfix kits on eBay as well. :smile:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Having been completely infatuated with cycling for the last few years I've decided to go back to one of the hobbies that I used to love...archery! It's been quite a few years now since I shot but I've bought all of the kit (wife not too impressed) and am going for my first session on Monday. The local club is only about 5 miles away so will be quite a nice cycle to and from there so I can combine both of my passions (but not at the same time of course as it could be quite dangerous cycling and shooting - although I'm sure someone out there has tried it!!!).

Anyone got a second sporting/hobby love?
Yup. I have. Archery ^_^
I have a lovely Hoyt Rukus bow. Hubster shoots some black carbon thingy that I can't draw with my knackered wrist. We really need to find a local club and get back into it. Mind you, we have an 87' garden so we can probably just get our eye back in at home.

Quick edit. I hadn't forgotten about my guitars, honestly I hadn't. I love playing guitar. Hubster bought me a Ukulele to play too. Sadly I have ignored it for a good 3 days. Don't tell him. Seriously considering selling my Epiphone Dove as I rarely play it now and it just sits in its gig bag and I feel bad about it.

Last edited:

Billy Wizz

Über Member
Motorcycles have been such a passion all my life but have become more of a spectator sport to me over the past few years been pondering about doing track days again but i don't think it will happen, a hobby that will never leave me is this lot
Guitars are great fun they bring joy to all ages even my grand kids, when you know what to buy you can make a bob or two, too.

The latest bunch...
854.JPG

screenman

Legendary Member
If we are talking past hobbies, motor bikes all types, sailing, windsurfing since 1979, running, swimming, bit of diving and will do more, golf, and lots more. Cycling has been the one constant since 1969

jim55

Guru
Motorcycling - although my interest seems to be fading as the years go by. I know my reactions aren't what they once were, and I can't be bothered with all the faff any more (contact lenses in, plus all the gear to put on). SMIDSY also applies to motorbikes but usually at higher speeds.
My current bike, a Honda CBF600S, will probably be my last :sad:. End of an era, passed my test in 1983.
I'm the same ,passed in 84 had loadsa bikes ( last was a fire blade 3 yr ago) came off it ( nothing serious ) sold it got a nice Bmw and like u I don't feel my reactions are what they were , Iv lost my mojo:sad:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Very similar story, here. I seem to have completely lost my motorcycling mojo after 40 years of being an obsessive fan. Last year's mileage on the Versys was a truly pathetic 150 miles. I now find the appeal of a 40 or 50 mile pedal round the Forth far more enticing than a 200+ mile ride on the motorbike.
Same here. I bought a GPZ500s a few years ago after six years away from biking. I just never got into it again, I had to force myself to go out once a fortnight just to keep the battery topped up. I didn't like the GPZ much either, very buzzy and below 6000 RPM it had no guts at all.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I used to read a lot of fiction, then I signed up on Cycle Chat ^_^

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I used to like air rifle and pistol shooting. Not animals or birds mind you,just targets i'd strategically place then pop them off. That ended when too many busy bodies threatened to phone the police. I once had a police helicopter circling overhead so i gave it up...bloody killjoys!:headshake:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
View attachment 80287 Making gadgets. I was given a Professor Branestawm book at a very early age, and it ruined me for ever.

I have a full book of Heath Robinson designs

51VF2GEXQXL.jpg

I worship Rowland Emmett whose work is often displayed in Leeds' Merrion Centre

14144869176_776039ef75_c.jpg

And as for Rube Goldberg machines..

Need I say more?

Attachments

• 51VF2GEXQXL.jpg
    51VF2GEXQXL.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 14144869176_776039ef75_c.jpg
    14144869176_776039ef75_c.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 21
OP
OP
Easytigers

Easytigers

Guru
Just to point out...I've tried to find an archery forum that's up to the standard of CC...

...not even close! They all seem to be really clunky sites and definitely haven't got the friendly feel!

Well done Cyclechat! :okay:

Top Bottom