2nd ride on my 'new' road bike...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Does your physio do bike fitting? Might be worth asking, if injuries/joint issues, can be a better way to get fitted than via a bike shop offering Retul etc. Often they aren't medical professionals, although maybe experienced cyclists, and have been on a course to learn how to use the software

Alan O

Über Member
[QUOTE 4928180, member: 43827"]It is great the way people give advice on this forum to people who are having issues with their bikes, but I would advise the op to listen to what people say, try the changes out but not to treat any of the advice as gospel that has to be adhered to. Very few people have standard body shapes for their height i.e. long legs/arms vs. short, and many have physical problems e.g. back/neck/shoulder pain. There is no rule that says seat must be higher than bars or that drops are better than flat bars, except possibly for aesthetic or specific purposes such as racing or time-trialling. These are personal choices, not absolute rules.[/QUOTE]
^That

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Is that a 54 cm real or virtual top tube as the bike looks like it has a sloping top tube ?
I know one size doesnt fit all i can only go by my fit , i am 2 cm smaller and its looks to me assuming you have your saddle height right that bike is to big for you unless you go for a shorter stem.
I used to get really bad tingling hands till i got my saddle height and set back sorted out 1st then set my reach like this ( approx )
StemLength.1.jpg

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
When removing the stem make sure wheels are on the ground not hanging as the forks steerer tube can drop out of the headset bearings.

If you have short arms then shorter stem will probably help but eventually if you keep regular riding your core body strength will improve and you may want the longer stem back on.

OK, I'm up to 4 rides and 65 miles on this bike so far. The last was a 4-lap poodle around Burrator resevoir, mainly because I know it well, it's easy, and it enabled me to bed in more with the bike. Did those 4 laps in the time previously taken for 3, with little apparent extra effort.
Bike feels more comfortable, core strength is improving rapidly, which helps my hands, and the bike is running well too. Suspect there's some greasing needed for the rear wheel bearings, a faint drone noticeable. Haven't tweaked anything else since my last post, so may have things about right.

Now it's down to more miles, I think.

Top Bottom