3 cyclists seriously unhurt in Hebden Bridge today!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
Major incident out in the street here. A hoodie riding on the pavement dropped his mobile phone. Thankfully, he was able to stop and retreive it.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
In Worcestershire today, a lady was lying down on the pavement, and three people went to her assistance. Several other people (including me) were ready to help, but unable to, because they could not cross the road quickly enough.

Globalti

Legendary Member
A cyclist has collided with a truck carrying terrapins and tortoises in Newcastle upon Tyne. Tyneside Police say it was a "turtle disaster".

Speicher

Vice Admiral
An investigation is being carried out as to how a large crater has appeared in my garden. On Tuesday, it was so windy that the laundry worked loose from the pegs on the washing line, and blew up the garden.

Dora

No traffic has been held up in Wigan as a result of a cyclist not colliding with a vehicle. The Driver was unharmed. The cyclist, unfortunately ended up at work.

Just the thread I needed to see today. Thanks ColinJ. :smile:

paulb55

Über Member
I'm getting a bit fed up of logging in to CycleChat and seeing posts about every cycling death and serious accident that occurs anywhere in the UK. We all know that they happen and of course we send our condolences to the families and friends of the victims, but doesn't posting about all of these tragedies just tend to reinforce the notion that cycling is inherently dangerous?

I can imagine someone joining the forum because they are thinking of taking up cycling, then deciding to do something else instead, given that almost every day another thread is started about the latest serious injury or fatality.

So, to redress the balance somewhat, I would just like to report that I walked down to Hebden Bridge Post Office this afternoon and I saw 3 cyclists ride by in a 5 minute period. They were not knocked off their bikes, seemed fit and well and enjoying their rides in the sunshine!

I have not yet witnessed a serious cycling accident in over 25 years of cycling. The accidents that I have witnessed usually resulted in nothing worse than cuts and bruises.

Can't we try and stick to the good news about cycling?

Totally agree

I just delete the posts and don't even bother reading them, i know my capabilities and the workings of the motorist so i know what to do when i am out there

billy1561

BB wrecker
Well said Colin. Too easily we pay attention to the more sensationalist aspect of cycling. Good to hear a balanced view.

Today I saw a bloke, on what is often euphemisticaly referred to as a BSO by some, go past. I see him often on his squeaky, shabby, rusty BSO and I see him in lots of different places. In fact I reckon he rides that BSO about 10 times as much and maybe as far, as I ride my fancy road bike and he does it in jeans and t-shirt, in all weathers, tut eh.

Today I saw a bloke, on what is often euphemisticaly referred to as a BSO by some, go past. I see him often on his squeaky, shabby, rusty BSO and I see him in lots of different places. In fact I reckon he rides that BSO about 10 times as much and maybe as far, as I ride my fancy road bike and he does it in jeans and t-shirt, in all weathers, tut eh.

You sure it wasn't just your reflection in the shop windows? :tongue:

asterix

Comrade Member
"Can't we try and stick to the good news about cycling? "

Tomorrow I plan to take the afternoon off and go for a spin. Don't think I will make it to Hebden Bridge.

Top Bottom