3 cyclists seriously unhurt in Hebden Bridge today!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm getting a bit fed up of logging in to CycleChat and seeing posts about every cycling death and serious accident that occurs anywhere in the UK. We all know that they happen and of course we send our condolences to the families and friends of the victims, but doesn't posting about all of these tragedies just tend to reinforce the notion that cycling is inherently dangerous?

I can imagine someone joining the forum because they are thinking of taking up cycling, then deciding to do something else instead, given that almost every day another thread is started about the latest serious injury or fatality.

So, to redress the balance somewhat, I would just like to report that I walked down to Hebden Bridge Post Office this afternoon and I saw 3 cyclists ride by in a 5 minute period. They were not knocked off their bikes, seemed fit and well and enjoying their rides in the sunshine!

I have not yet witnessed a serious cycling accident in over 25 years of cycling. The accidents that I have witnessed usually resulted in nothing worse than cuts and bruises.

Can't we try and stick to the good news about cycling?

rowan 46

Über Member
I had yet another incident free commute today as well
thumbsup.png

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
You wouldnt see a post on a foodies forum saying "Fat unfit Foodie down"

Their lifestyle is way more dangerous than ours.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Thinking about it ,,, not so fat , semi fit , like my chips n pie once a week doing alright ,

And i peddle through Hebden at least once a week and have never crached into the any of the street furniture or even had any close calls with the people milling around .

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I had a 35 mile spin today and loads of cars went past me without incident. Bastards - nothing to rant about.

Some bloke even passed me on the shared use path and said thanks and good morning as he went past me and the dog. Fantastic.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
I saw a cycle rider at the lights today and he set off and peddled off down the road and the cars went passed him, no shouting or hand waving took place, and not one of the passingers hung out the window and shouted Tax dodger,in 20 years i have never heard it , i wonder if its one of them urban myths.

tyred

Legendary Member
I've never been knocked off my bike.
Careful. Tempting fate to say things like that.

I've just seen three cyclists pass my office window and they made it to the end of the street without incident so no problems here either.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Last week my foot slipped of the peddle setting off from the lights , it was obviously the car behind me that forced me to have said incident just by being there (or the Goverments fault not sure) so after the car had gone by and round the corner i gave an evil stare in their general direction ,,, haha bet they wont do that again in a hurry.

Top Bottom