3 days to go

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Julia9054

Guru
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
I have an incubator at school and hatch chickens every year with my class (although this year we did quails). We build houses for them, do weighing, measuring and graph drawing.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Well I'm doing a pie chart :tongue:

Last edited:

sittingbull

Veteran
I usually buy free range eggs 'cos I like the idea of happy chickens. Being veggie (not vegan) I consider eggs OK.
I'm not too keen on the thought of the chickens having eaten worms (whether slow or regular) although I suppose they're free to eat all sorts of grubs and things :eek:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I usually buy free range eggs 'cos I like the idea of happy chickens. Being veggie (not vegan) I consider eggs OK.
I'm not too keen on the thought of the chickens having eaten worms (whether slow or regular) although I suppose they're free to eat all sorts of grubs and things :eek:

Exactly. They are outside acting like chickens, scratching around eating worms, slugs, bugs, slow worms and anything else they can grab hold, of. My chickens are happy and healthy. They have the choice to stay inside they're house or go outside and scratch away. Far better than caged birds

sittingbull

Veteran
Actually, I always buy free range and wouldn't knowingly buy eggs from caged hens. However I don't think I could eat an egg knowing the hen had eaten a slug etc.the day before.

I presume you see foxes too, I never used to see any in Liverpool until a few years ago, now it's a regular occurrence around dusk - in the same areas I've also seen rabbits and discarded fish heads/guts etc by the river. I like to see the foxes, some appear almost tame and I'm sure people put food out for them.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Actually, I always buy free range and wouldn't knowingly buy eggs from caged hens. However I don't think I could eat an egg knowing the hen had eaten a slug etc.the day before.

I presume you see foxes too, I never used to see any in Liverpool until a few years ago, now it's a regular occurrence around dusk - in the same areas I've also seen rabbits and discarded fish heads/guts etc by the river. I like to see the foxes, some appear almost tame and I'm sure people put food out for them.

Don't see many foxes, but they are around, as are badgers, and rabbits, stoats, weasels, and otters.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
A quick update on the little bundles of mayhem :eek:

001_zps7b7cc284.jpg

007_zpsf881df16.jpg

^_^

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Another update .
The gobby one in the front of the pics is a boy . I was a bit worried they both may be as I would have to get rid of them but crossed fingers the other one hasn't said cockadoodledo yet .
They are now down at the allotment sectioned off from the other birds and they are loving it . Loads of space for them to run around and be silly ^_^
Watching things I am quite amazed at how the other birds are teaching them things without being able to touch them . They can see each other and the chicks just sit the other side of the fence watching things . The older chickens seem to go to the fence to show them how to do stuff . It really is amazing to see .

Top Bottom