3 days to go

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Half Poland eggs . Heres the polands as chicks ^_^

003_zpsbb706910.jpg
I said, I said, "Look here son..."

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I said, I said, "Look here son..."

Foghorn leghorn sir.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Two chicks have hatched but the hatching lasts about 24hrs and I cant open the incubator other than clearing out the shell as the temperature will drop to much and kill the new borns . So no filming at this stage im afraid . I will try and get something when its not all going mental but cant promise anything :sad: Shame as I would have loved to have caught it all on film .

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Egg layers or dinner? :hungry:

Just getting the priorities right :thumbsup:
Egg layers are dinner after dinner after dinner . I love eggs :wub:
Sexing the chicks is an educated guess an I am unedumacated . The Rooster I have was supposed to be a hen but I only found out he was male when he said cockadoodledoo :biggrin:
The place I bought him from said to bring him back as they sold me a hen but I liked him too much so kept him . Now this :blink:

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Polands were the biggest pain in the arse chickens we ever had.
If you let them range they like to roost way up a tree, not in a house!
They were funny though.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
The Pure Poland didn't make it :sad: It had started to hatch but no movement for a day . I tried to give a helping hand but still nothing so I took a better look and it had died .

welsh dragon

The egg came first.hmmmm because birds evolved from dinosaurs, and dinosaurs laid eggs. So as birds evolved they continued to lay eggs. A case of if it ain't broke so to speak, don't fix it?

welsh dragon

One thing that surprised me is the variety of things chickens will eat. MR WD went out yesterday, and saw one of the chickens with a slow worm in her mouth. The others were chasing her around tying to grab it from her. She ate it. Eww.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Mine love worms ! When im digging over the plot I throw them into them and they run around for ages making a "ive got the worm " squalk :laugh:

Top Bottom