3 Pistes Cycle Scottish Highands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
tug benson

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Count the teeth on your small chainring and the biggest cog on your cassette.

I've done two of the pistes and although the final stretch of the Glenshee climb is relentless, you should be able to get up it on a compact. The Cairngorm ski centre only has a couple of sharp ramps.
Can't speak for the Lecht, though.

HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
2014 cube peloton race. All I can see online is that it is 50/34 . If I'd be better off with a different set up I food get it in to get changed.

OP
OP
tug benson

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
2014 cube peloton race. All I can see online is that it is 50/34 . If I'd be better off with a different set up I food get it in to get changed.
You have a compact, witha 11-32 rear cassette, my TCR is a compact with a 11-28 rear cassette...How the feck are you not destroying me up the hills?

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
Tbh my roadie is 28-11 and my CX is 32-11 and the roadie is easier to get up the hills....ok it's about 2kg lighter but the frame is much much stiffer and easier to get the power down

That is when I actually go out....said before one of you 2 say it ^_^

Last edited:
I'm gonna have to bail chaps. My mum has recently become very ill and in the scheme of things my time is required elsewhere. I emailed the event organiser and asked for my entry to be deferred to next year, with above reasons stated, and they pretty much said "unfortunately the deadline to deferral passed yesterday". With that kind of treatment i'm thinking i won't be participating ever again. A little compassion doesn't cost much.

Good luck everyone taking part.

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
That's awful @Pedrosanchezo , hope she is on the mend soon. Terrible treatment

Fubar

Guru
:snowball: From their website :cold: :

Here are the Met Office 3 day weather forecasts for the 3 ski areas. As you can see below, the windchill for Glenshee is minus three on Sunday morning. The snow is now predicted to fall on Saturday above 700m… that’s just above road level !!!

Don’t be a hero. Prepare for cold and wet weather. If you do get caught in the wet, make use of the ski centre facilities to keep warm, dry off and take hot drinks.

Let’s be honest, we never expected a weather forecast like this for the start of June. We still don’t. Yes it will be cold, yes it will be wet… but will it be sleat or snow or rain???

We are putting a snow contingency plan together, with extra warm dry places as muster points. We will post full details on here and at Saturday registration.

Under Police advice, a recent sportive on these roads was rerouted to lower ground. This weekend’s forecast is not as bad as then, and our options for rerouting are limited. Dance to whatever sun god you worship.

Enjoy people! Ride Safe.

Top Bottom