3 Pistes Cycle Scottish Highands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Col5632

Guru
Bloody hell that's cold, take it easy out there guys :okay:

OP
OP
tug benson

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
i survived the 2013 tour of the borders and that day went down in history, people well tell their grand kids about it....A wee cycle around the ski stations of Scotland will be a walk in the park

OP
OP
tug benson

tug benson

Forecast last updated on Friday 29th May 2015 at 7:17am

SUNDAY 31st MAY

HOW WINDY? (ON THE MUNROS)

Low confidence in this forecast: Southeasterly 40-50mph. Then after a lull, westerly 30mph.

EFFECT OF WIND ON YOU?

Intermittently difficult walking conditions on higher areas; severe wind chill.

HOW WET?

Intermittent snow.

Initially rain, or snow above 1100m. Then as steady precipitation clears, a dusting of snow to or below 600m. Then through afternoon, hail and snow showers, with risk thunder.

CLOUD ON THE HILLS?

Often covering higher summits

Cloud extensive across higher areas morning, and perhaps into afternoon. Then most summits intermittently clearing, but near showers cloud base dropping to 600 to 800m.

CHANCE OF CLOUD FREE MUNROS?

40%

SUNSHINE AND AIR CLARITY?

Bursts of sunshine will spread northeastwards, and visibility become excellent (times of changes uncertain).

HOW COLD? (AT 900M)

2 or 3C, temporarily 0 or -1C.

FREEZING LEVEL

Varied; temporarily below 900m as general precipitation clears; but often 1250m.

PLANNING OUTLOOK

All mountain areas of Britain from Saturday 30th May 2015

Frequently very cold until about next Wednesday, with precipitation at some stage on most mountain areas more or less daily - falling as a mix of heavy showers and periods of constant precipitation. There will also be thunder. As the cold weather continues, mainly on the Scottish Highlands, there remains considerable snow cover, this blocking access to some routes. There are strong indications of a reversal in weather pattern around the middle of next week, with pressure building in the vicinity of Britain, to bring increasingly fine, and later in the week warm weather

Col5632

Guru
Forecast last updated on Friday 29th May 2015 at 7:17am

SUNDAY 31st MAY

HOW WINDY? (ON THE MUNROS)

Low confidence in this forecast: Southeasterly 40-50mph. Then after a lull, westerly 30mph.

EFFECT OF WIND ON YOU?

Intermittently difficult walking conditions on higher areas; severe wind chill.

HOW WET?

Intermittent snow.

Initially rain, or snow above 1100m. Then as steady precipitation clears, a dusting of snow to or below 600m. Then through afternoon, hail and snow showers, with risk thunder.

CLOUD ON THE HILLS?

Often covering higher summits

Cloud extensive across higher areas morning, and perhaps into afternoon. Then most summits intermittently clearing, but near showers cloud base dropping to 600 to 800m.

CHANCE OF CLOUD FREE MUNROS?

40%

SUNSHINE AND AIR CLARITY?

Bursts of sunshine will spread northeastwards, and visibility become excellent (times of changes uncertain).

HOW COLD? (AT 900M)

2 or 3C, temporarily 0 or -1C.

FREEZING LEVEL

Varied; temporarily below 900m as general precipitation clears; but often 1250m.

PLANNING OUTLOOK

All mountain areas of Britain from Saturday 30th May 2015

Frequently very cold until about next Wednesday, with precipitation at some stage on most mountain areas more or less daily - falling as a mix of heavy showers and periods of constant precipitation. There will also be thunder. As the cold weather continues, mainly on the Scottish Highlands, there remains considerable snow cover, this blocking access to some routes. There are strong indications of a reversal in weather pattern around the middle of next week, with pressure building in the vicinity of Britain, to bring increasingly fine, and later in the week warm weather

Pretty horrible then :cold:

OP
OP
tug benson

tug benson

Strava will be the least of my worries, I've been off my work since Tuesday as I've tore a muscle in my back, it's getting better now, plus I've not put the miles in or the climbs this year so it's going to be a tough day..Sunday's ride will just be about surviving ....then getting blind drunk

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
Strava will be the least of my worries, I've been off my work since Tuesday as I've tore a muscle in my back, it's getting better now, plus I've not put the miles in or the climbs this year so it's going to be a tough day..Sunday's ride will just be about surviving ....then getting blind drunk
Arrgh injurys nightmare enjoy the day dude

I'm gonna have to bail chaps. My mum has recently become very ill and in the scheme of things my time is required elsewhere. I emailed the event organiser and asked for my entry to be deferred to next year, with above reasons stated, and they pretty much said "unfortunately the deadline to deferral passed yesterday". With that kind of treatment i'm thinking i won't be participating ever again. A little compassion doesn't cost much.

Good luck everyone taking part.
Sorry to hear, dude - Jimmy mentioned it earlier. Pretty terrible treatment you've received given the extenuating circumstances. Hope things are looking up soon.

If it weren't for the IT band I'd be all over the climbs like a rash even with the bad weather but I don't have the luxury of form.
I'll still have the garmin loaded up with segment waypoints but only so that I know how far from the tops I am. (Particularly the Lecht.) Not interested in beating any times.
Sunday is going to be a day of grit, pain and suffering.

(And ibuprofen. Lots and lots of ibuprofen.)
(Wish I had something stronger.)

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
I know you have both said otherwise before, but I think Sunday's safest bet is looking out for one another and getting around given the conditions. Given you are both injured I may just keep up :shy:

Top Bottom