3 Pistes Cycle Scottish Highands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thought about it.......

Nah.

OP
OP
tug benson

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Was up Sheriffmuir this afternoon, jesus christ my climbing legs have went missing...i hope we don`t get a long winter like we had at the start of this year, my fitness on the hills is shocking and am nowhere near ready for a ride like this

Was up Sheriffmuir this afternoon, jesus christ my climbing legs have went missing...i hope we don`t get a long winter like we had at the start of this year, my fitness on the hills is shocking and am nowhere near ready for a ride like this
It's the off season though! ;)

I've gone back to intense turbo sessions and i am currently getting my ass kicked!! The sessions are so in your face that you end up a dribbling mess by the end. Still, you gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette.

It will come good. We will be dancing up those hills come spring............faster than ever! :training:

eck

Über Member
Pah! Easy peasy, not much more than half the distance and half the climbing of the Snow Roads Audax (which takes place six days later). ;)
I wonder if anyone has entered both? :ohmy:
Seriously, it looks a great event, and it does the Snow Roads climbs the stupid hard way so it will indeed be tough. For the benefit of those of you not familiar with the Snow Roads, the two climbs between Braemar and Cockbridge are now officially called Bastard 1 and Bastard 2.
Good luck to everyone riding. :thumbsup:

Angus444

Sandwiched between Deeside Loop on 4th May and Cairngorm 100 on 14th June....great! Fantastic part of the country for riding......Was up the Lecht in Sept. Challenging, but the scenery and the descent was well worth it....

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Can't be that hard - I've cycled up them with full camping gear* :tongue:

Looks like a good route. It's a shame they've had to go for a single direction ride and buses, but that area is stunning to ride through. Enjoy the 9 mile decent from Glenshee to Braemar :smile:

I'll also vouch for the Deeside Loop on the 4th May. It's a very nice 200km ride from Forfar which takes in the Cairn O Mount and Cairnwell passes
http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/14-218/

*The other way and over two days :biggrin:

Last edited:

format

Über Member
Signed up, along with a few cycling pals. Should be great fun.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Beautiful route. Does it go up the mental hill for the Lecht? I struggle in a car for that one!

Yep it goes up the 20% (IIRC) climb up the South side to the Lecht. I wonder how many will stop for the tourists' favourite picture just before the climb :whistle:
IMG_0170.JPG

sazzaa

Yep it goes up the 20% (IIRC) climb up the South side to the Lecht. I wonder how many will stop for the tourists' favourite picture just before the climb :whistle:
IMG_0170.JPG
Christ that hill seems huge to me.
You're doing it wrong unless you stand in front of the "bridge" part!

Top Bottom