3 years ? ago. Scotland. Cyclist went missing. Anyone familiar with this ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
That was what I've been thinking, do we know if his bikes came to light yet? What ever has happened its a sad business, and the family must have been going through hell since he went missing
No mention of his bike on any of the Police Scotland posts I have seen. Could be an important bit of evidence.

Fram

He was returning home FROM a charity ride to Fort William. It was 11.30pm - ish when he left the Bridge of Orchy hotel (apparently alone). People at the hotel had warned him about pressing on late on that road. According to the P&J report earlier this week, the road was searched when he was first reported missing.
Edit: apologies!

Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
He was returning home FROM a charity ride to Fort William. It was 11.30pm - ish when he left the Bridge of Orchy hotel (apparently alone). People at the hotel had warned him about pressing on late on that road. According to the P&J report earlier this week, the road was searched when he was first reported missing.
Other reports say he took the train to Fort William.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless

No, he went to Fort William by train and was cycling back home to Tillicoultry when he disappeared.

The police information is that:
“Mr Parsons travelled from his home in Tillicoultry, Stirlingshire, on Friday, 29 September, 2017, to Fort William, intending to return home by bicycle and was reported missing on Monday, 2 October, 2017.

He travelled south on the A82 and was last seen around 11.30pm that night outside the Bridge of Orchy Hotel.”

"On Wednesday, 30 December, 2020, two men, both aged 29, were arrested and then released pending further enquiries in connection with the disappearance of Mr Parsons. Proceedings are now live under the Contempt of Court Act 1981."
They were released before the body was found and are be done for contempt of court?
Dont understand the latter. Possibly bubbled by someone they were bragging to? Allowing the police to look in the right place? Have they been rearrested?

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
"On Wednesday, 30 December, 2020, two men, both aged 29, were arrested and then released pending further enquiries in connection with the disappearance of Mr Parsons. Proceedings are now live under the Contempt of Court Act 1981."
They were released before the body was found and are be done for contempt of court?
Dont understand the latter. Possibly bubbled by someone they were bragging to? Allowing the police to look in the right place? Have they been rearrested?

It means that judicial proceedings are live in respect of the case and is a warning to all not to publish anything that may prejudice the outcome. It doesn’t mean the two suspects have been charged with contempt of court.

https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidan...tions-and-restrictions-public-access-hearings

oldwheels

Legendary Member
My take on it is you should not be speculating or commenting in public in case you inadvertently influence a juror who is supposed to reach a verdict based on what is said in court. You could be in Contempt of Court otherwise.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
It means that judicial proceedings are live in respect of the case and is a warning to all not to publish anything that may prejudice the outcome. It doesn’t mean the two suspects have been charged with contempt of court.

https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidan...tions-and-restrictions-public-access-hearings
My take on it is you should not be speculating or commenting in public in case you inadvertently influence a juror who is supposed to reach a verdict based on what is said in court. You could be in Contempt of Court otherwise.
This being the case it would be best if no further comment is made until the court case has concluded.

I am locking the thread for the time being. When there is an outcome to discuss please use the report function to get a mod to reopen it, if we haven't done so already.

Thanks.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris

Slick

Guru
I've been following this from day 1, my brother and I cycled the same route but in the opposite direction and it was always pretty obvious what had happened to him. Wasn't always sure they would get someone for it though, so its good to see this case going ahead.

Top Bottom