30 mph average?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iLB

Hello there
I was in my LBS earlier this afternoon discussing the tour to Gibraltar that I am doing in the summer. After much discussion he was telling me of a ride he had done where he and his group averaged 30mph uphill and 40 mph on the flat, hitting 50+mph on the downhills. Somehow I could smell bull sh*t in the air, can anyone else? I just cant see how an average guy (or even anyone) could average 30 mph uphill, certainly not for an hour as he claimed, or am i wrong?:blush:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
He must have been on a motorbike

Tour De France ave. Spd = 20- 24mph. A fast ave. TT speed would be 34mph., usually lower and that's on a flat course, uphill considerably slower.

Change your LBS.

ilovebikes said:
I was in my LBS earlier this afternoon discussing the tour to Gibraltar that I am doing in the summer. After much discussion he was telling me of a ride he had done where he and his group averaged 30mph uphill and 40 mph on the flat, hitting 50+mph on the downhills. Somehow I could smell bull sh*t in the air, can anyone else? I just cant see how an average guy (or even anyone) could average 30 mph uphill, certainly not for an hour as he claimed, or am i wrong?:blush:
He talking Bull, I think I heard the Tour de France riders only :biggrin: manage an impressive 25mph average in the mountain stages.

Edit and did he try to sell you the impressive motorbike that could do that :blush:

OP
OP
iLB

iLB

Hello there
i knew this was completely unfeasable but their doing us a good discount and knowledge is generally sound. i cant believe he would say such ridiculous things, and then follow it up saying he would come on one of our training rides, suggesting we do Orpington to Hastings (60-70 miles) in 2 hours tops, he really was talking out of his a*se wasnt he. o dear o dear, cant w8 for that ride now!

Alan Biles

Only 30 mph?? Must have been having an off day;):blush:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Andy, it's bs mate.. Think about it, can you honestly believe you can scoot down the A21 to Hastings in 2 hours at maximum work rate for the complete distance? I Think not.
Which Bike shop was it?

ilovebikes said:
suggesting we do Orpington to Hastings (60-70 miles) in 2 hours tops,

Mortiroloboy

ilovebikes said:
i knew this was completely unfeasable but their doing us a good discount and knowledge is generally sound. i cant believe he would say such ridiculous things, and then follow it up saying he would come on one of our training rides, suggesting we do Orpington to Hastings (60-70 miles) in 2 hours tops, he really was talking out of his a*se wasnt he. o dear o dear, cant w8 for that ride now!

It'll never happen:rolleyes:

Top Bottom