4 Bikes on a car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

plastic_cyclist

I've now got the whole family on wheels and we now want to venture to various places in Scotland to cycle....problem is, with a Mazda 6 saloon, I feel I may be limited....
Anyone currently carry 4 bikes without hassle?

Perhaps a tow bar mounted bike rack ? pretty sure you can get 4 bike versions.

2 on the roof, and 2 on a rear carrier? I have a towbar Mount for 2 bikes and carry an ebike and a mountain bike, it’s secure and safe, but I also have a roof carrier for 2 bikes, which I don’t use now as the ebike is too heavy to get up!

Last edited:
OP
OP
plastic_cyclist

plastic_cyclist

Hmmm, I think the Tow Bar is the best option I think, but pricey to get one fitted (£400 ish), then the rack price on top.

Slick

Guru
I have a thule 3 bike tow bar version but I've always kept in mind that these can be extended to carry 4 bikes although I've never needed it yet.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I've got an 'Atera' one that goes on the tow bar and carries 4 bikes.
Have used it fully laden for many trips to Europe - it takes a bit of 'bike tetris' to load it, esp now the kids have big bikes, so i might revert to putting 2 on the roof.

I use a towbar-mounted MaxRaxx on the back of my Discovery. Bear in mind that it adds length to your vehicle - but also remember that a roof-mounted option adds height, and you need to get the bikes up there. I've used both and find the rear mounted option better - I can see the bike sin my mirror so I know that they're still attached....

Top Bottom