42mph in a 30mph zone

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Daughter rang earlier saying she'd been delayed & could ì fetch grandson from school. So walked dog down to fetch him & as I walked through the village we have one of those speed indicator signs, a car went through & it indicated 42, I then stood & watched it for 5 minutes as I was early. Of the 25 - 30 vehicles I saw very roughly 50% were 30 & under, the rest apart from 2 were 35 or under, with 1 at 38 & the aforementioned 1 at 42.

What is wrong with these people!

Milzy

Guru
Last night a young lad tried taking a corner at 50 on a country road and ended up in a ditch. My friend and I rescued the lad. If we were about 30 seconds ahead we could have been killed but we wait for other group riders to get up the hills. Silly mistake, he was a good lad. Could have killed us or him self though.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Naughty ,but at least it wasn't 90 with a police car after it,ending in death and destruction..

Often its people chasing deadlines,pressure of work , its wrong.
I nearly and i mean nearly got hit by a Yodel van.
The guy came at me through a no entry and i was on the road as no footpath.
It was in a dead end where i was doing a drive.
I gave him what for and his reply was " you were in the road" !!
I reported him , and phoned his boss and told him , the guy still drives the van:rolleyes:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
The trouble is that instead of law enforcement we now have electronic signs with smiley or sad faces.

Driving to work this morning there is a downhill section of 30mph, where your have to brake to keep under the limit. Bloke behind wasn't impressed and tailgated me all the way (traffic going the other way meant no overtaking opportunity). As we came out of the 30 into a 50 I accelerated but that wasn't enough for him and he forced through on the white line despite the oncoming traffic then brake tested me, then drove on at 40(?) and carried on at that speed when got to another 30 zone.

Three miles later he was still the car directly in front of me...:wacko:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
The trouble is that instead of law enforcement we now have electronic signs with smiley or sad faces.
Because people complain to councils or councillors and they can't tell the police what to do and won't/can't afford the sort of serious engineering needed to force lower speeds, so they put up some placebo signs. In rare cases, it does make people aware how bad the speeding's got and they go complain to the police who act, but it seems rare and getting rarer.

Three miles later he was still the car directly in front of me...:wacko:
Yep, Situation Normal: AFU. Often all speeding achieves is raising the risk for other road users. Trip time is often mainly dominated by route choice and junction capacities - one you can influence and the other you can't.

Though those signs are complete shite, the one near us i can go through with the cruise set at 29mph and the reading it shows can vary from 15 to 40 mph during approach.

Top Bottom