42mph in a 30mph zone

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stephenite

Membå
Though those signs are complete shite, the one near us i can go through with the cruise set at 29mph and the reading it shows can vary from 15 to 40 mph during approach.
Does your cruise-control work at such low speeds? Mine isn't reliable at all at low speed.

mustang1

Legendary Member
Have a look on YouTube for 'Russian driving' ( or 'car accidents'): they're totally mental!!! Compared with the UK equivalents, which, though good examples of bad driving, are rather tame by comparison.

Yeah I've seen those. Crazy.
Maybe people just don't obey laws regardless of circumstances and the "rushing around due to work pressures" would become "rushing around just because..."

Levo-Lon

Guru
Does your cruise-control work at such low speeds? Mine isn't reliable at all at low speed.

I tend to use limiter, as cruise is a bit more dangerous in the braking sense.
Speed limiter keeps you below the limit and feet on the pedals..

In my van 30mph is 4th gear with the accelerator just on

Joffey

Big Dosser
Daughter rang earlier saying she'd been delayed & could ì fetch grandson from school. So walked dog down to fetch him & as I walked through the village we have one of those speed indicator signs, a car went through & it indicated 42, I then stood & watched it for 5 minutes as I was early. Of the 25 - 30 vehicles I saw very roughly 50% were 30 & under, the rest apart from 2 were 35 or under, with 1 at 38 & the aforementioned 1 at 42.

What is wrong with these people!

This is the state of speeding in my village - sent this to he Police and they weren't bothered:

View: https://youtu.be/nLWUvLuYhRA

We have them guys in the Hi Viz now and again but I haven't seen them for ages. I wish NYP & NYCC would just install a bloody speed camera.

The BMW behind me this morning obviously thought all speed limits were too low. I could have saved petrol and have him shunt me to work.

Also he was doing the fashionable 'butch pose' of driving with his elbow on the door and chewing the backs of his fingers while driving with his left hand on the right side of wheel. Our youngest says you have to look as though driving is no effort in order to have street cred - hence all the limp wrist steering, reclining below dashboard level etc.

We'll have fights breaking out in the streets over who has priority next.

gbb

Legendary Member
Round here it's SUV's playing might is right, they don't get out of their tin boxes yet :boxing:
They do seem to bring out the worst in some people.
I always remember one on my former car commute, a white Volvo XC. He frequently used to hammer up behind cars, sit on their tailgate then rocket off. He did this to me once and as soon as we got to a 30mph limit in a village, he ipened it up and rocketed past maybe 6 cars, he must have been doing 60...in a 30.
I just hope he gets his one day....and he probably will.

Drago

Legendary Member
I tend to use my eyes, and coordinate then other controls on the basis of what the eyes see. It ain't difficult, and if someone can't consistently manage something so basic, so simple, so fundamental, as properly controlling their velocity then one must call into question their fitness to be on the roads at all.

They do seem to bring out the worst in some people.
I always remember one on my former car commute, a white Volvo XC. He frequently used to hammer up behind cars, sit on their tailgate then rocket off. He did this to me once and as soon as we got to a 30mph limit in a village, he ipened it up and rocketed past maybe 6 cars, he must have been doing 60...in a 30.
I just hope he gets his one day....and he probably will.

That's also quite common around Penistone. The Manchester road between Thurgoland and Flouch/Woodhead is good for 90mph in some people's eyes. The signs on the roundabouts are flattened on a weekly basis. Any 30 limits along the way are immaterial - unless of course there's an empty box speed camera.

Top Bottom